Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Studio not functioning from Quik

[ New ]

I have been trying to open Studio in my Quik account to edit GoPro recorded video files.

Studio will not open up from Quik as is described in the manuals. Nor does the download Studio package appear as is described.

Edits in Quik have been done but Create only chops up the files to shorter useless excerpts and won’t allow me to get rid of the infuriating music.

I have tried reloading Quik - no difference.

I have been editing movies since the days of cine film and never come across such an impenetrable package before.

Alan Foss

GoPro

Re: Studio not functioning from Quik

[ New ]

Hi @alanf406

GoPro Studio is no longer included in Quik. 

GoPro Studio already reached its end of life for support. 

You may try to use similar or alternative editing software instead. 

VSDC: http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I was right, the Quik software was impenetrabe as regards Studio.

It means the camera package I bought did not have an editor app and therefore was incomplete and "unfit for purpose".

It is also clear that there is no warning or guidance on this subject, just the expectation from the manuals that Studio should be there.

I have spent many frustrating hours on this and GoPro should have made it clear from the start.

I am angry and do not have any confidence in GoPro. The support procedure is inadequate on this subject.

Alan

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alanf406

I understand that. 

May I know where did you get that manual? 

Looks like that is the manual for older version of GoPro and GoPro Studio is present/still available that time. 

It is now replaced by GoPro Quik which is a lot more easier to use and it automatically edit your footage. 

You have an option to edit the footage with other software if you want to have a customized footage. 

Regards,

Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got everything from the GoPro website so it should have been up-to-date, representative and accurate.

The Quik app does say that editing can be done.

There was nothing to tell me otherwise.

The Create function seems to be a crazy "slice and dice" unpredictable organiser with compulsory music.

No music is not an option.

I feel that the standard "support" was totally inadequate.

Alan