Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Speedometer incorrect in Quik for desktop and GoPro for iOS, but correct in Dashware

So I just got a Hero 7 Black and was running some tests. Recorded a video where I was riding at 35km/h for a few seconds, then slowed almost to a stop before continuing. Imported the video into the GoPro app for iOS and Quik for desktop; both apps show 24kmh when I'm doing 35kmh in reality, then show 17kmh when I'm basically stopped. Bizarrely, Dashware shows the speeds with perfect accuracy, so the GPS data is definitely correct in the video file from the camera. Any ideas? All apps and camera are up to date, both official gopro apps show the exact same inaccurate readings, I definitely had good GPS signal since the data is there in the file and it shows properly on Dashware. What the hell is going on here lol? In case it means anything, the video was just under 2min long. I just don't get why the gauges would be so wrong when the data is clearly there, correct, and Dashware shows it perfectly!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Speedometer incorrect in Quik for desktop and GoPro for iOS, but correct in Dashware

[ Edited ]

Hello @davek5408

Thank you for the feedback. There is currently an issue with the GPS gauge display on the apps. Our team has already been made aware and we are waiting for an update on a fix. We will definitely post about it once we have new information. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Speedometer incorrect in Quik for desktop and GoPro for iOS, but correct in Dashware

Right, do you have a timeframe for when this will be fixed? It seems like a pretty important and relatively simple thing to fix.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @davek5408

We do not have information on this just yet but please continue checking our website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!
Ej