Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Some files missing after transfer

Hi, 

I connected my camera (HERO SESSION 4) as per always and transferred the data. Unfortunately i do have the option to delete data after import on. After my import going through the pictures and videos i notice that there are items missing. I have looked in all folders and on the SD card itself for the items but cannot find them. It is so notisable that the items are not there since the footage missing is of my girlfriend and I swimming with whale sharks.... 

please please help to find a solution 

thanks 

henrik  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Some files missing after transfer

[ Edited ]

Hey @henrikt38,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with that import. If you get in touch with our Support Team by Phone or Chat they may be able to help!

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @epicdive54834

It is definitely not normal for files to go missing especially on the SD card. As we do not have any preferred method of recovering data, you may reach out to the SD card manufacturer for further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hey @henrikt38,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with that import. If you get in touch with our Support Team by Phone or Chat they may be able to help!

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Was this resolved? I have the same issue, I spoke to their chat people who basically said they couldn't do too much as it's apparently a card issue. 

They gave me a link to some app I could download which recovers missing files. When I tried, the app said I had to pay for full functionality. It costs like 80 dollars! I'm waiting for them to respond as I feel like they should cover this cost.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @epicdive54834

It is definitely not normal for files to go missing especially on the SD card. As we do not have any preferred method of recovering data, you may reach out to the SD card manufacturer for further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Marius