Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Slow motion footage on camera plays at normal speed on iphone and laptop?

[ New ]

Hi

I shotsome footage in slow motion. It plays back at the slowed down speed on the Hero 8 but when I transfer it to iphone or laptop GoPro Quik it plays at normal speed. What is the point in filming Slow motion if you cannot save it in Slow motion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Slow motion footage on camera plays at normal speed on iphone and laptop?

[ New ]

Hi @lloydm8266,

You have to slow it down using any video editing tool that has slow motion feature. 

It is designed to be like that so that you'll have control if you want to slow it down or play it in normal speed. 

-Jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @lloydm8266,

You have to slow it down using any video editing tool that has slow motion feature. 

It is designed to be like that so that you'll have control if you want to slow it down or play it in normal speed. 

-Jay

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks Jay

What threw me was that I also shot a Time warp video that transfers to my laptop as the time warp video and not in normal speed. So I was confused  why the Slow motion didn't. I have been on the phone to GoPro helpline for over an hour as it confused them too!!! They asked me to shoot slow mo video in standard and then 4K. Then they asked me to re install the update. Still didnt transfer at slowed down speed so they said that I had a faulty camera and for me to post it to them as they would send me a new one. I had a feeling it would be a waste of time.

What editor do you use? I have a free version of Hitfilm express but it seems very complicated!

Regards

Lloyd

GoPro

[ New ]

I personally use Adobe Premiere @lloydm8266

You can try to install free software as well. 

http://www.videosoftdev.com/

Tutorial on how to slowdown or speed up your footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xWiS7hdlA

-Jay

Sightseer

[ New ]

Many Thanks Jay

GoPro

[ New ]

You are very much welcome @lloydm8266

Just let us know if you have other question.

-Jay