Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Slow Upload - Failed Upload - Gopro Plus Failure - Frozen - Crashed - Slow - Help?

[ New ]

Is there something wrong with Gopro Plus Cloud service. My upload time is ridiculously long. I let Auto update run for 10 hours yesterday and it only uploads a small portion of a day’s shoot. Now I am attempting to upload video to Gopro Plus one at a time and it has taken an hour to upload a 2 minute video clip on a extremely fast internet connection with a high end design computer? Please help !!!

I have tried to Up Load from the Hero 7 Black, the quick app, from the card, from a card reader, from my system memory, from an eaternal drive, from our network. All uploads have been "Failure" slow!  Many uploads are actually failures, as in it has frosen or crashed while uploading. I am now trying to upload the videos one at a time and my two minute video has taken about an hour and most likley frozen or crashed! Please help? Are you rennovating the system, or is this a failed platform? I have read comments on the same topic from 2017 and figured this issue would have been resolved already!

Explorer

Re: Slow Upload - Failed Upload - Gopro Plus Failure - Frozen - Crashed - Slow - Help?

[ New ]
A couple other ways to try your uploads.
1) Log into your account on GoPro.com and then upload directly
2) Use the mobile app (I've found that this uploads much faster)
Tourist

Betreff: Slow Upload - Failed Upload - Gopro Plus Failure - Frozen - Crashed - Slow - Help?

[ New ]

Ich habe dasselbe Problem, Videos und Fotos können teilweise nicht hochgeladen werden ab microSD Karte von zu Hause wie auch vom Laptop im Geschäft. Sehr Mühsam, ist ein Grund, Gopro Plus wieder zu kündigen.

GoPro

Re: Slow Upload - Failed Upload - Gopro Plus Failure - Frozen - Crashed - Slow - Help?

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @redvista24543 and @whitehawkcorp . This has been reported to the team and they are working on it. particularly though, while uploading via auto upload and Quik for desktop are found to be working, manually uploading via gopro.com has been observed to not push through completely specially for huge files with chaptered videos. We will update this thread once we have new information.   

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just subscribed and suffering the same thing.  changing the file format to .mov still took me a long time to upload and found out in the end it's not in the media library.  I am uploading from my 2018 macbook pro.  I thought seeing good reviews from your mobile apps directly imply gopro plus is also highly rated.  This is a huge surprise to me after like 12 failed attempts to upload a 1gb video

Tourist

[ New ]

I've the same issue, to damned slow for uploading!

If you don't do anything about it, the Plus is just crap and not worth paying for, and then I will quit using it.

Explorer

[ New ]
Have you tried just letting the camera auto upload, or using the mobile app?
Tourist

[ New ]

Is there any update on this?  You said you would update this thread when you had new information, but no update is forthcomming.  Any news would be appreicated.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nontthewiser

Sorry for an troubles caused.

We do not have information/updates on this yet.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Are you outside the USA ? e.g. Europe

The problem could be the Amazon S3 Cloud Location in which GoproCloud resides.

It's  Oregon (USA) and you can't change anything for having faster uploads.

GoPro Inc can do something.

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Gopro-AmazonCloud-Storage-Location-Option/m-p/...

Hiker

[ New ]

Out of curiosity, could click on that link from Amazon

It's an official speed test.

The upload could be faster, when GoPro would use "Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration".

In my case, it would be 45% faster.

speedup

Sightseer

[ New ]

I signed up to a 30 day free trial a couple of days ago only to find that uploading is impossibly slow, even with a good connection.

The person I chatted to via the online support said she hadn't heard of that problem. How can that be the case when there are so many people on the forums complaining about the same thing?

I was really looking forward to all that the service promised but I'm not paying for a service that is unusable.

Hiker

[ New ]

@rodneyolsen wrote:

The person I chatted to via the online support said she hadn't heard of that problem. How can that be the case when there are so many people on the forums complaining about the same thing?

Because she is 1st level support. For the basic things.

I've made that chat too and asked several times if she/he understands the technical things, i'm trying to explain to her/him Smiley Frustrated 

Have you made that test?

Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration - Speed comparison

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have run the test but not sure exactly how it applies. I'm in Perth, Western Australia so I wonder if the servers are just too distant to ever get a reasonable speed.

Hiker

[ New ]
GoPro-Media-Server are in US-WEST2-S3(Amazon)-Cloud

The comparison says, how much faster it could be, wenn GoPro would use the S3 Transfer Acceleration.
My upload would be 52-200% faster (depending on the time of the day)
Hiker

[ New ]

@rodneyolsen wrote:

just too distant to ever get a reasonable speed.

That's why there is Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration

Quote from that page:

Why Use Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration?

You might want to use Transfer Acceleration on a bucket for various reasons, including the following:

• You have customers that upload to a centralized bucket from all over the world.
  • You transfer gigabytes to terabytes of data on a regular basis across continents.
  • You are unable to utilize all of your available bandwidth over the Internet when uploading to Amazon S3.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm guessing that GoPro has to enable that rather than the end user.

Hiker

[ New ]
yep.. We can do nothing about.
Canceling the subscription is the only option.
Sightseer

[ New ]

As long as they keep denying the problem that's the only option I have. I'm now considering finding another cloud service for storage. It's not much use if I can't upload and access the files I need.

Hiker

[ New ]

@rodneyolsen wrote:

I have run the test but not sure exactly how it applies. I'm in Perth, Western Australia

How much speed improvement has been in your test?

Sightseer

[ New ]

It shows 15%.

I think my distance from the server will mean it will always be slow.

Hiker

[ New ]
It shouldn't .. there is a S3-cloudfront-endpoint AP-SOUTHEAST-2 which is in Sydney
Sightseer

[ New ]

Sydney is still over three thousand kilometres from me so I'm not sure how fast the connection would be. :( 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have had a similar ticket open since February with no update.  The last comment was trying a wired connection. LOL, that's when it was failing!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @jamesb959. We'd be glad to check on it. Is there a case number that we can use as reference? Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have a forum post https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Trying-to-manually-upload-a-4GB-video-fails/m-...

The response doesn't help.  I am using a wired connection at 250+Mbps.  Every time i try and transfer a 4GB file, it fails.  The screen shows it almost complete and then says that it didn't make it.  Now i can't upload anything bigger than 1GB.

I am paying a subscription for the online storage, why would I continue this if I can't even upload the files!

Tourist

[ New ]

same here. Incredibly slow upload speeds. GoPro cloud storage is running around 12Mbps. I use gigabit ethernet, and have about 100Mbps of upload bandwidth. Google and AWS Cloud Services don't have this problem here in Los Angeles. 

Explorer

[ New ]
Interesting, especially since it's actually AWS that host GoPro Plus.
Tourist

[ New ]

Ended up speaking to support and they were about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. After an hour we were still nowhere! For something that you charge $15 per month for, it should work.

They have lost my business for the online service.  I will take my per month fee and invest it into an online storage company that actually works!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Leider habe ich das gleich Problem

Upload läuft seit 4 Tagen und ich habe von 67,6 GB erst 46 % hochgeladen bekommen. 

In der App bekomme ich die hochgeladenen Videos unter "Cloud" gar nicht angezeigt. 

Die Cloud ist wie eingefroren. 

So kannn ich das Abo nach ablauf der kostenlosen Testzeit leider nicht verlängern. 

Viele Grüße

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @cmndrb. How are you uploading your media to the cloud? Is it trough Quik for desktop app or via GoPro App? How are you accessing them? Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ich lade über Quick für Desktop hoch 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cmndrb

Have you tried connecting to a different network?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
So I'm getting this as well in larger file sizes....2gb+.

What's the answer GoPro?

For those using other services because this issue hasn't been fixed in a year...which ones do you recommend?
Explorer

[ New ]

I just load my videos to my phone and they upload pretty quick to the GoPro Plus servers.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am having the same issues. Having reached out to support, they have responded and offered a workaround to use Quick. The meat of their response was as follows:

"Hope you're doing great today.  This is Michael from GoPro and I just got an update from the team about our problems uploading 3GB files to the cloud.  I can tell you that there's no limit on uploading files so you might want to try uploading from Quik App for desktop to the cloud storage.  Have your file imported to Quik App then try to upload from there.  "

in spite of all of the posts to this forum and others, they apparently have chosen to simply deny that a problem exits.

Jerrold

Sightseer

[ New ]

uploading is nightmare, it takes forever, I am going to be canceling this membership.  Don't waste your money

Sightseer

[ New ]

Doesn't look like you have fixed the problem because I'm having the same issue

Tourist

[ New ]
Cloud uploads are always extremely slow.
Tourist

[ New ]

Help with uploads!!!

I have already cancelled twice my GoPro Plus subscription due to the fact that the upload is unstable (for big files), slow, so slow, for the app, from the desktop and from the website but I love the idea of having my files accessible from the app...

GoPro, you are making great camera but your software department is behind everything!!!

Additionally, if you have a file already in the cloud and you try to re-upload a batch, this file get reuploaded... Really?? every FTP protccol would check the version and skip it if already uploaded? certainly yes??

Adobe cloud for example is checking the version and is not uploading it... and is much faster...

Please invest into proper technology and platform... You need it to keep your customers!!. I would be happy to pay $10 a month for years if your system was working... It is not.

Sorry about this grunt but this is wrong from a company like yours...

Sincerely

Marc

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm out.

I canceled my supscription

Sightseer

[ New ]

im having the same slow speed upload issues..very disappointed. is there a solution for this?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

Should you need the files immediately, you opt for other cloud services in the mean time.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey Ej,

so since i have brand new camera, and one 1GB movie file, sync is fast and then upload is a pain ... work around is ...

open multiple web https://plus.gopro.com/media-library and upload files there, speed is 2x faster then from Apps.

Sightseer

[ New ]
This service absolutely sucks, you just need to pay for more bandwidth, you charge a huge amount for the camera, and your service sucks big time, sort it out, you're on the verge of being a premium brand, perhaps US customers don't care, but in the UK we absolutely expect bang for buck, you'll just lose subscription if you don't sort it out! Spend some money on upgrading your servers, there's nothing more complicated than that, I can upload my videos to any other service easily 100 times quicker for free, I've been trying to upload for 3 days, I upgraded my SD card based on advice from your staff, it didn't fix it, you should be ashamed if this service, you won't respond to this, because you don't care!!!! You'll never become the brand you desire to be if you don't care about your core customer base!!! Stop being greedy and dirt it out!
Tourist

[ New ]

i assume there has been absolutly no progress on this topic?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dasautohunter. Our PLUS team has implemented changes into the network to improve the efficiency of uploading media to the cloud. What seems to be the issue on your end? Please provide us details regarding what is happening so we can look into it. We hope to hear back from you. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

the first thing i do not really care about and that is,,,,, it is the slowest upload ive ever seen,,, however that is ok. THE ISSUE, is basically my upload has been at 52/88 for 4 hours.... i am to assume it is frozen? perhaps you should put a speed indicator so we can see how fast it is going or if it is at 0kbps so the customer can tell if it is frozen, the speed already has the worst reputation so it should be no big issue to show the speed for reassurance to the customer that it is still indeed moving along.... I LOVE GOPRO and your upload speed is terrible BUT THANK YOU for unlimited storage, that is cool and THANK YOU for the amazing warrenty if i break my gopro,, that is amazing!!! SO IN THE END,,, how do i tell if my upload is frozen?

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details you provided, @dasautohunter. How are you uploading your files? Is it through auto upload from the camera? Are you manually uploading your files through plus.gopro.com? If you will be able to also provide us the file names of those that are not uploading, that would be great. You may send me a private message here in the Hub, if preferred. We will have our PLUS team look into why the upload is not completing.