Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Slow Upload - Failed Upload - Gopro Plus Failure - Frozen - Crashed - Slow - Help?

Hi @nontthewiser

Sorry for an troubles caused.

We do not have information/updates on this yet.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: Slow Upload - Failed Upload - Gopro Plus Failure - Frozen - Crashed - Slow - Help?

Are you outside the USA ? e.g. Europe

The problem could be the Amazon S3 Cloud Location in which GoproCloud resides.

It's  Oregon (USA) and you can't change anything for having faster uploads.

GoPro Inc can do something.

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Gopro-AmazonCloud-Storage-Location-Option/m-p/...

Hiker

Out of curiosity, could click on that link from Amazon

It's an official speed test.

The upload could be faster, when GoPro would use "Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration".

In my case, it would be 45% faster.

speedup

Sightseer

I signed up to a 30 day free trial a couple of days ago only to find that uploading is impossibly slow, even with a good connection.

The person I chatted to via the online support said she hadn't heard of that problem. How can that be the case when there are so many people on the forums complaining about the same thing?

I was really looking forward to all that the service promised but I'm not paying for a service that is unusable.

Hiker

@rodneyolsen wrote:

The person I chatted to via the online support said she hadn't heard of that problem. How can that be the case when there are so many people on the forums complaining about the same thing?

Because she is 1st level support. For the basic things.

I've made that chat too and asked several times if she/he understands the technical things, i'm trying to explain to her/him Smiley Frustrated 

Have you made that test?

Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration - Speed comparison

Sightseer

I have run the test but not sure exactly how it applies. I'm in Perth, Western Australia so I wonder if the servers are just too distant to ever get a reasonable speed.

Hiker

GoPro-Media-Server are in US-WEST2-S3(Amazon)-Cloud

The comparison says, how much faster it could be, wenn GoPro would use the S3 Transfer Acceleration.
My upload would be 52-200% faster (depending on the time of the day)
Hiker

@rodneyolsen wrote:

just too distant to ever get a reasonable speed.

That's why there is Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration

Quote from that page:

Why Use Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration?

You might want to use Transfer Acceleration on a bucket for various reasons, including the following:

• You have customers that upload to a centralized bucket from all over the world.
  • You transfer gigabytes to terabytes of data on a regular basis across continents.
  • You are unable to utilize all of your available bandwidth over the Internet when uploading to Amazon S3.