Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Slow GoPro Cloud upload through Quik

[ New ]

Hi,

I've been browsing through the different posts regarding more or less the same issues, but can't really find a good explanation on why the upload speed is so slow.

I wouldn't say this is a crazy issue, but I've been uploading 20GB of clips since Sunday evening and my current status is:

3.634 / 20.0 GB, 18% COMPLETE.

I have 250/250 Mbit connection with the Ubiquiti Amplifi HD Mesh at home.

So don't really believe this is on my side.

However I am located in Sweden.

So this is more a general question whether I can do something to improve this, through settings or whatnot?

If there's anything I can do to make this quicker - please let me know so I can adjust.

Best regards,

Hannes

GoPro

Re: Slow GoPro Cloud upload through Quik

[ New ]

Hello, @hannesbeckerin. How are you uploading your media to the cloud? Which of these methods are you using? If you have not done it yet, see if manually uploading your media through GoPro.com will help.

It would also be helpful to check if a media may be stuck in the upload process causing the generally slow upload. The instructions at Manage Upload Page in Media Library will guide you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, I don't use any of those methods presented - I have copied the clips from my GoPro 7 Black through Quik for Desktop and it is from there it's uploading (through Quik). The numbers I presented down below is how it is presented in that "notification bar" on the right side in that program.

I haven't tried to do it manually to GoPro.com, but don't really see that as a fix for it either - the whole purpose of uploading through Quik, to my understanding except the editing part of course, is thought to be Quik keeping track what's in the cloud and making sure everything is "backed up". 

Which works, it just takes a very long time to upload.

So my issue is not that the videos won't upload, I don't get any disruptances or need to retry any upload - just that the upload speed seems to be very very slow.

Best regards,

Hannes

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional information that you provided, @hannesbeckerin. Quik is no longer in development and has the slowest upload speeds in our ecosystem. This is because it does not take advantage of the speed enhancements that have been integrated recently.

You may either upload your media straight from the camera to the cloud via auto upload, or if the files are already on your computer, you can add them to the cloud through gopro.com. 

In addition to Quik, you can access cloud media through the GoPro App or the media library at gopro.com. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya,

Thanks for letting me know, had no idea - but it is still Quik for Desktop that we should use to edit our videos (if we don't do it through our phone app)?

Best regards,

Hannes

GoPro

[ New ]

You should still be able to use Quik for editing your media. But if you have the HERO8 Black and the HERO9 Black, please know that Quik may not fully support media from them. There have been no updates to the app prior to the release of these cameras. You may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your footage on a computer.