Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Silent crash / DllNotFoundException error

when I import a video in the Gopro Exporter app on windows (running on Azure) the app silently crashes. In system log I can find the following crashes:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> 
- <System> 
<Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
<Level>2</Level> 
<Task>100</Task> 
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-25T18:50:35.809845000Z" /> 
<EventRecordID>723</EventRecordID> 
<Channel>Application</Channel> 
<Computer>gopro</Computer> 
<Security /> 
</System> 
- <EventData> 
<Data>GoPro MAX Exporter.exe</Data> 
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data> 
<Data>5dbc8638</Data> 
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data> 
<Data>10.0.17763.864</Data> 
<Data>fc217636</Data> 
<Data>e0434352</Data> 
<Data>0000000000039129</Data> 
<Data>94c</Data> 
<Data>01d5a3c135836b7f</Data> 
<Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\GoPro.GoProMAXExporter_1.9.1.0_x64__1h9vz9xjm6b8c\GoProMaxExporter\GoPro MAX Exporter.exe</Data> 
<Data>C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data> 
<Data>9dde2dde-6c1f-4647-94c6-a4869549d746</Data> 
<Data>GoPro.GoProMAXExporter_1.9.1.0_x64__1h9vz9xjm6b8c</Data> 
<Data>App</Data> 
</EventData> 
</Event>
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> 
- <System> 
<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" /> 
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID> 
<Level>2</Level> 
<Task>0</Task> 
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-25T18:50:35.678187500Z" /> 
<EventRecordID>722</EventRecordID> 
<Channel>Application</Channel> 
<Computer>gopro</Computer> 
<Security /> 
</System> 
- <EventData> 
<Data>Application: GoPro MAX Exporter.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException at Player.EngineBase.ssdk_engine_create() at DynamicClass.DynamicInjectorf495bd5247f04b4c852eb223257baca7(System.Object[]) at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(System.Object) at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve() at Ninject.KernelBase.Resolve(Ninject.Activation.IRequest, Boolean) at Ninject.ResolutionExtensions.Get[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Ninject.Syntax.IResolutionRoot, Ninject.Parameters.IParameter[]) at converter_360.Utils.BaseMainVM.AddFiles(System.String[]) at converter_360.MainWindow.ImportClick(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick() at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick() at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea() at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs) at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at converter_360.App.Main(System.String[])</Data> 
</EventData> 
</Event>

The machine should have sufficient resources  (6 cores, 52 GiB RAM and an NVIDIA K80 GPU)

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Silent crash / DllNotFoundException error

Hello @rapidridge68685. A new version of the GoPro Exporter has been released. This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

>Added support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio.
>Enhanced 360 audio for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock.
>An improved user interface, including:
    +More intuitive look and feel
    +Preview controls
    +Cancel export button
    +Sticky user settings
    +Drag and Drop files from the camera

>Several bug fixes and enhancements, including:
    +Fixed app crash issues related to video imports, previews, and changing languages
    +Video preview now renders the first frame
    +GPMF track is now present in exported files

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new version and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Is the update available yet? The windows store app doesn't seem to find any updates.

Highlighted
Hiker

RapidRidge,

You are correct, it is not available yet.  I wonder if there is a delay from Microsoft (for testing) after GoPro releases the update to their store.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi,

I received and tested the update, but same exact (silent) error againw when importing a 360 file.

Highlighted
GoPro

@steved2677. Have you been able to get the update?

@rapidridge68685. We appreciate the feedback. At which point in the workflow does the crash happen? Is the crash observed all the time? Could the size of the file/length of the video have an impact? Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya 

I was able to get the latest update, but 360 ambisonic audio still does not work.  When it is checked, the sound is missing from the videos.

Also, I am not sure if the metadata is wrong, but I cannot play H.264 or HEVC created videos in the Windows Movie App on Windows 10.  I know it should work as I use pure HEVC on my HERO8 and those videos play fine.

At the very least, H.264 videos should have played, and they do not.  Seems like they have some wrong output information.

Highlighted
Hiker

It happens everytime when I select a video for import or when I double click on a video to open it in the exporter app.

The DLLnotfound exception I get on a 282MB file (smallest I get). I just also tested a larger file (4GB) and there I get a different exception at the same point:

Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at converter_360.App..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
   at converter_360.App.Main(System.String[])