Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: Selecting files to import with Quik

[ New ]

It is absolutely idiotic that after all those years of product development one cannot select which files to download from GoPro. Thanks for all the work around tips...but this is absolutely inexcusable, "must have" simple feature to preview and selectively download files from GoPro using GoPro Quick mac application.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am using a Mac and when I connect my hero 6 and Open Image capture, I can see the camera in the connect devices, but not the media on it. I am needing to take out the memory card and use a card reader that is a slight pain and rather annoying. 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@azzaman - GoPro cameras aren't accessible through most non-GoPro apps. If you use GoPro's Quik for Desktop, you can import directly from the camera without taking out the memory card. https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Anonymous

[ New ]

Jeff - You are missing the point - GoPro's Quik is a very poorly developed and limited app. It has nothing to do with people not reading the online instructions but it has all to do with the fact this app ...after all those years of development ... is a piece of...poorly developed app. As mentioned many times on this board...not being able to select files to download through Quik is frustrating and frankly speaking...shameful.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same frustration with the GoPro Quik app. Now that I work in Final Cut Pro X (10.4), FCP recognizes the GoPro, shows me the files on it, and allows me to select which clips to import, all directly in the FCP media import window! Hooray FCPX!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Wanting to import a few clips, Gopro no longer showing in finder. Forced to download new software, sign up, then to not even have the option of previewing files before deciding which ones will make the cut really hinders my workflow. The only option is downloading all 64GB worth of footage is so backwards of what I'd been used to with Gopro. Will be unregistering from the frustrating service now being provided and seeing what the other options are

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you so much for this! So simple yet so freaking hard to find on the google machine! Absolute legend!

Sightseer

[ New ]

It's crazy to me that you have to upload everything and you can't choose which files to import on the desktop app. You can do this with the Capture app on IOS. It also seems like there was a previous version of caprture for the desktop where you could do this. Am I crazy or is GoPro really blowing it on this one. Seems like a big miss tep when considering you can do this on IOS but were so limited by memory on IOS devices. Suggestions anyone ?