Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Selecting files to import with Quik

[ New ]

It seems that the Quik software on my Mac wants to download every file on my SD card.  Is there a way to select specific files?  I only want to import 10 files, but quik wants to import all 3200 files.

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Selecting files to import with Quik

[ New ]

@agiletree45646 - It's going to try and import them all by default. If you only want to import some of the files, the best way is going to be to download the files directly from the SD card and move those files into the folders where the files Quik imports usually go. When Quik launches again, it can scan that folder and find those files.

Or, you can let it import all 3200 files and then move the files you don't want Quik to organize out of that folder into other folders.

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I don't understand why uploading indiviual files is not an option. Seems like a simple thing to add to the software. My Hero 5 doesn't mount on the desktop, so now I have to take the card out, find an adapter, just to upload a single file. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, since you're on a Mac you can use the integrated app called "Image capture". You can look for it using Spotlight. It will see your gopro and let you import the files you select into the folder you want.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I tried this but the files still don't show up in the Quik App

Anonymous

[ New ]

we are requred to download QUiK to access our video, okay, no biggie, 

but now we have to provide our personal email and set password? .... really? For a software we choose to download...

The other issue I have as meantion in the thread before is that we cannot choose to download specific material or delete prevous material.. So once I download everything to my seperate hardrive--- it later downloads everything again from my Gopgro.... This is something that sucks for a user...

It makes something that should be so simple a very long process.. USB MODE IS NOT USER FRIENDLY.

Anonymous

[ New ]

What the hell, I don't want to import 3200 files, I just need 6! What a bull**bleep**.

Anonymous

[ New ]

im in the same boat and its really stupid and frustarting. It wasnt alwas like that. Quik absoutely blows. I used to use mine before super easy it showed up as a device or gopro stupid was wasy but this POS sucks.