Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Selecting files to import with Quik

[ New ]

Hello @mattc402

Quik for desktop always detects all files that are on the SD card and will prompt one to import all once the camera is detected. What could be done is to manually copy the files that you want using your computer, then you can put these files together in a folder which can be added to Quik later on. For guide on how to add media folders to Quik, you can refer to this article

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

But I believe if you do it this way you lose the additional data (such as GPS, Direction, etc). Unless someone tells me otherwise, but I agree. I don't like deleting old stuff. I have a large SD card and use that as a backup to my files in case my imported files are lost.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rx8gent

The GPS data will be kept even if you import the GoPro files by inserting the SD card to the computer through an adapter. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Either the GoPro admins on here are incompetant or are deliberately trying to avoid the yawning, gaping hole in functionality that any decent App in this category would obviously support.  Neither of these approaches is acceptable!

What EVERYONE, including me is trying to get across is this: On a Mac, the GoPro is no longer recognised as a mass storage device - so, STOP advising people to 'make subfolders... blah, blah...' on the SD card.  YOU CAN'T GET TO IT IN FINDER ANYMORE!  

So, we're forced into downloading and using 'Quik'.  There NOTHING 'quick' about. it.  It took me about half and hour to get 10 pictures off the GoPro because 'Quik' is a steaming PoS of an App.  I had to entirely circumnavigate the Quik App and hack out the files in a different way.  I'm pretty IT literate, so how people who are not manage to get this done is beyond me! 

Here's what happens: Insert USB cable into Mac, turn on GoPro.  'Quik' launches, and the Hero5 shows up as a device.  I only need the last 10 pics, so I click on 'import files', assuming I'll get the chance to import only the ones I need.  Nope.  The PoS tries to import the ENTIRE contents of the 128GB card!  Funnily enough, I don't have enough room on the MAC to import the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the card, so the Quik app bombs out telling me I need to make room on the Mac.  That's it.  No other option. ARRGHGHHHGHH.

GoPro - sort this out - this is appalling UX - I expect better from such a 'normally' savvy and cool brand.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@greenhero54638 said it exactly as it is.

Would appreciate too not to dance around the issue and give us either a workaround as short term solution or an industry standard app that you can choose the files you want to import.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @coolcliff12652. Quik for desktop would always import all the files that are in the SD card. If you would like to import only certain files, you will have to do it manually by going to the root of the SD card, and copying the files directly to your computer. 

Alternatively, you may use GoPro App on mobile. This allows you to select the media that would like to import to your device. This app though works on mobile devices and would need to be connected to your computer in order to move the files. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

mariustanya    That was a worthless response!  Maybe next time you can start by reading some of the previous posts.  I am officially moving away from GoPro products.