Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Secret to uploading videos to Instagram and Facebook without losing video quality

What’s the secret to posting a GoPro video to Instagram or Facebook without the video getting really grainy and pixelated ? I’ve tried different FPS and resolutions and it always seems to ruin my video when I upload it. But when I see a video on the GoPro page, or on someone who’s sponsored by GoPro it’s always crystal clear.. what’s the secret?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Secret to uploading videos to Instagram and Facebook without losing video quality

@besanconmx, make sure to activate the 'Upload HD' option in your Facebook app - this is off by default on mobile.

When uploading your video to Facebook/YouTube/Instagram, you might notice a loss in video quality. This is because these applications compress the video in the upload process. These platforms have their own requisites when it comes to uploading content. I suggest to check on Facebook/YouTube/Instagram message boards or even with Facebook/YouTube/Instagram directly to get more specific details about this.

I've already seen some Instagram users who were able to find useful workarounds to outstrip this compression process. I came across this YouTube video some time last year that definitely helped me out, so I'm hoping this can shed some ideas to you as well: https://youtu.be/1VfJ02H3nfw 

You can also check the suggestion on this post to see if it will work for you: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-footage-to-instagram/td-p/134542 

Also, our users have experienced that uploading videos from a desktop computer gives higher quality than uploading from a mobile device. To do this, save the video to your computer. Once there, upload your video to Facebook or YouTube from your desktop computer for better quality.