Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Reframing 360 images on PC

How do I reframe 360 images shot on my GoPro MAX on my PC? 
I can only find ways to do it in the mobile app and I do not want to work in the mobile app (it is not compatible with my phone). Using GoPro VR player i can frame my shots, but i can't save. Using Quik I can't even open the photos. My best solution at the moment is to reframe in premiere using the GoPro FX plugin and saving a snapshot - this is not ideal. There must be a better way. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Reframing 360 images on PC

Hi @josefinn1

This option is currently available on GoPro Player(Mac).

How to Render Videos in the GoPro Player 

Please continue checking our website for updates regarding the Windows application.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your answer.
However, and I know I'm not the first to say it, but that is an unacceptable answer. Stop releasing and selling 500 EUR cameras without first developing appropriate software. AND make it clear to customers what they can expect, if I need a Mac in order to use my footage then make that clear. I've been met by obstacles every step of the way with my MAX despite a good PC setup and good tech literacy and it is ridiculous.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @josefinn1. If you have a Windows computer, you can explore the use of the GoPro MAX Exporter. at this time. Here is how to render MAX footage using the app. 

Our team is currently working on a Player for Windows. We do not have a release date yet but if you would like, you can join the Windows GoPro Player Beta Facebook Group to have access to the app. Testing is currently on stage 2. To proceed, click on this link

Highlighted
Hiker

I signed for Beta testing GoPro Player for windows some time ago.

Havent heard a thing from GoPro. Why post the link if GoPro is not interested in any help?

Im about to give up and sell my MAX. Its a bit frustrating and uphill waiting for the software I need to use it at all...

Highlighted
Sightseer

How did I not find this before purchasing mine?  I'm hugely dissapointed.  How could they release a camera without software for it?