Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Ram memory problem with Quick v 2.5.1.462 desktop

I discover a strainge problem when playing video's with a higher frame rate like 1080/60fps on Quick v 2.5.1.462   , after I start the video the ram memory of my PC fills up and crased the app and windows 10.  I use a PC with an i5 processor and 8gb ram.

I installs now the older Quick app v 2.3.0.5383 and this works great even 1080/120fps play's good.

Is anyone else have this problem ?

Tourist

Re: Ram memory problem with Quick v 2.5.1.462 desktop

I do'n tknow if ram is causing the problem. If I run Quick, my videos crash after some seconds. If I play the same videos with a classic window app (film and tv), they play without any problem. 

Hiker

You can check in the Windows taskmanager how many ram you have when the video is playing in Quick, I have the same here too in other programs like VLC, Mediaplayers and editting programs the video runs good even on 120fps with less ram using.

Tourist

I notice the RAM memory is not a real problem I guess (system required 4 GB, while the capacity of my PC is 16 GB).

I notice that the program uses a lot of processor capacity. Max of my PC is 4gHz which is exceeded when quick pro runs. Normally my processor would do when reading the system requirements ( i7-4790K). 

Also the video plays without any problem in Go PRO VR player, but this also demands less capacity of processor and RAM.

Hiker

Yes you are right redwater also the processor runs on his max (I run an i5 4x3.2ghz and 8gb ram), when I don't stop the video the desktop stops working to and I have to reboot.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

BIG BIG PROBLEM with ram and Quick....

When reading videos, just reading, quik eat all my 8GB memory... Then the system use swap and quik crash

In attachment you'll see when i start the videos and when i stop. The ram is freed

System windows 10, Core i5, 8GB Ram,radeon R9 390 8GB

Video: H264, Size: 2.23GB, 1080S 50FPS

Image 1.png
Hiker

Yes Freddes this is the exact problem, thanks for the screen shot, I have almost the same system and shut of swap so after Quick eat all   the memory Quick and Windows crash and I have to reboot. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I had a chat session yesterday with gopro support.

They understood the problem and they told me that they will be back by mail after the experts will find a solution.