Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik (windows) cannot view media

Using Quik(2.7.0.945) in windows 10 to import gopro video into computer, after that the View page in Quik cannot show my media that take by GoPro Hero 7 Black (firmware 1.7). Quik only can show the media with same GoPro 2 months before with firmware 1.5 and 5 years before by Hero 2.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik (windows) cannot view media

Hello @dawnmic. Do you recall if there was any error message or notification prior to the files being imported in Quik? See if the media that you have from the HERO7 camera is using HEVC. These files are captured depending on the resolution used and would require specific computer system to be viewed and edited. There is more information about it through this article

Alternatively, you may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. Such programs are identified here. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @dawnmic. Do you recall if there was any error message or notification prior to the files being imported in Quik? See if the media that you have from the HERO7 camera is using HEVC. These files are captured depending on the resolution used and would require specific computer system to be viewed and edited. There is more information about it through this article

Alternatively, you may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. Such programs are identified here. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yea there are hevc not supported dialogue prompted. But my desktop(i7 7700,32GB ram,Rx480)can play the video using mpc-be+LAV filter+MAdVR without frame drop and my GoPro setting is 4K/60fps and h.264+hevc. After few search in forum, installed MS HEVC patch for windows 10, all video can be found in “view” tab but cannot playback and edit (it will show “no responses” in title bar).

Thanks for advice alternatively program.