Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik videos have a green/purple line at bottom of all clips

[ New ]

Maybe we should all just post our videos on social media with green lines on the bottom, making sure the gopro logo is on all of them. The only way to edit video from the gopro to rid yourself from the line is to use 3rd party software, I.E Adobe or Resolve. Side note, in talking to gopro support, I believe we are dealing with "Safe Space"'ers that get offended that you would ask for help. I have invested over $3k into GoPro products and by mentioning that, they become intollerant and never get back to me on issues and pointing blame at myself. GoPro needs to take a step back and reevaluate their company mantra and buissiness practices before losing any of their invester's money on crappy software companies. I am guessing they already have, that is why there is no fixes to the software, anyone knowing the code has been fired or let go. I am tierd of Gopro at this point and will not be purchasing any more hardware from them. DJI and perhaps Canon may want my buisness. 

Tourist

[ New ]

its indeed a big shame of them to not fix this bug. 

even after a year we stil get things as your pc is not good. but the easiest way to say that pc is good is playing the same file on several players whitout any problem.

editing in diffrent programs whitout any green/pirple lines on the bottom. 

so that means the problem is the software itself, so they need to fix it.

but on the orther side this problem, stil the software of gopro, and than i mean gopro studio and not (crappy) program quick. 

feels so mutch nicer and beter than program for garmin.

but ofcourse al does things studio does do adobe can do it alot beter 

gopro is stil for me the best thing there is, a bit hufterproof. but have alot of flaws, orther actioncams have also alot of flaws and not even one make a perfect product. whit the garmin i stuggle to make nice movies, the lighting is al meased up. the software is working very slow and crashes. 

so in my opinion it is stil not last but there should be more money to gopro to get it right. if that happens i am affraid not but wo knows mayby it change something to eaven better things

Sightseer

[ New ]

Still no resolve here? Just downloaded the brand new version of the app in a fresh install, same issue. Nothing like spending this amount of $$$ on the Karma drone package and the software not working correctly. PC is a Digital Storm Aura so don't even start to tell me it's my graphics card. Let's see some resolve here..... 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @swiftsand16871

You may try to contact our customer support team.

They might be able to provide a resolution.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
If you read back through the strain your support team has been unable to deal with this ongoing issue that multiple users on multiple systems using multiple OSs are experiencing! I would call it very pathetic customer service and potential he a reason why the value of my stock in your company continues to decline!
Tourist

[ New ]
No, support will not be able to help you. I tried and they're worthless.
Tourist

[ New ]

Today a did something that require further evidences, but the green line desappeared from my brand new 1080 capture.

Quick Desktop was even loading, so I did a reinstall.

And the Task Manager was showing GoProDeviceDetectionService AND GoProFusionDeviceService, because I had installed FusionStudio previosly, mistakenly.

So, I dont know what it worked, but now I have a clean 1080 capture.

Tourist

[ New ]

Clarifying... I disable the Fusion Service in the Task Manager.

GoPro

[ New ]

This is great news, @edsonm27. Thank you for sharing! If you would have the chance to test further with other video files, or other resolutions we would love to hear how it goes. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

Did you videos with Karma grip? 

In my case only with Karma grip there is this green/purple line. When filming only with Gopro camera - it is clean in any resolution.

Tourist

[ New ]

Sad to report that I could not load Quick anymore since this morning in my desktop.

I should have keep it running indefinitely, 24/7, until Windows 10 outcry a restart.

My desktop do have 2 graphic cards, Intel and Nvidia.

But it did load in my VAIO notebook (single graphic card) and I can confirm that others new 1080 footages no longer have the green lines.

Let's see...

My gear: GoPro HERO 6 Black.

Tourist

[ New ]
@edsonm27

Are you using karma grip?

Purple/green line of artifact is there on 1080 when video is done with karma grip. On other resolutions there are no artifacts.

If video is done without karma grip - there is no artifact line on any resolution.
Tourist

[ New ]

@bluewave52402

No, I'm not using Karma Grip.

Tourist

[ New ]
@edsonm27

With updated camera and recent Quick there will be no green/purple line without karma grip.

Line appears only with karma grip and only on 1080 resolution.
Tourist

[ New ]

Good news is that Hero7 will be released soon, so GoPro can ignore all of us with the deadend 5 and 6 with the green/magenta crap on all our videos.  I have two 6's, two 5,s one Hero 2 and I have 2 Karma drones that are pretty much illegal to fly anywhere and then when I take my video and run it through any of my computers with QUICK, I get green and magenta. If you don't mind NOT having the GPS data, run your videos through Da'Vinci Resolve. The problem is really with GoPro QUICK. People trust me when I say, GOPRO doesn't care. They already have your money. And any more complaints will run them into their safe spaces and they won't come out until a rainbow unicorn gives them a GoPro participation trophie.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue plus all my 4K video is jurky, actually the entire program runs that way. I have been on the phone with support and they suggested that I convert all my videos first. Why in the hell would I do that when I'm trying to shoot 4K. I'm also curious about the Karma being Illegal that was suggested by another person as I just bought one.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nickr6620

We have recently released an update for Quik for Desktop. Please check if your app is up to date.

Reupload the file and see if this corrects the issue.

For reference regarding 4K files, please see:

Minimum System Requirements for 4K Editing and Playback

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I have installed Quik version 2.7.0.945 

If in parallel with karma grip, now I have green line on all videos. If I watch same video not in Quik, then there is no green line.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bluewave52402

Thank you for the update. Do you mean that the green/purple line now appears even with videos not taken through the Grip? Have you been able to check with more recent videos? Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,

green line is there with karma grip only.

It is not on all resolutions. Can do a full testing if needed for all resolutions.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @bluewave52402,

Please let us know so that we can forward those details to the right department. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi once more,

I did testing of all resolutions karma grip + Gopro 6. 

We have purple/green artifact line in Quik software only on 1080 resolution and fps ratings: 24, 30, 60, 120. On 240 fps rating there is no green line. 

Other resolutions with all fps ratings are clean. 

Camera has firmware 02.01 

Karma grip has firmware 01.80

Quik version 2.7.0.945

GoPro

[ New ]

Appreciate you providing more results from recent test, @bluewave52402. We are still waiting for an update or a fix from the team. We will share your results with them.  Do those videos with green line in Quik continue to play back fine using other media players? Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, if I play any of those problematic videos (1080p24fps, 1080p30fps, 1080p60fps, 1080p120fps) in other software - they have no artifacts and are clean. I have tested with windows standard player. 

Artifact is only 'attached' in Quik other software same videos are clean.

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it! Thank you, @bluewave52402

Tourist

[ New ]

Is there any update to this issue? I have the problem as well. Just installed Quik and the line is there on all my videos that used the Karma grip. When will this issue be resolved?

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry, @jeffh7128. We do not have information regarding an update or a fix yet. We are still waiting for the team to provide us input. We will keep you posted. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I've just been posting all the green/purple line clips on all of my social media outlets with #GoPro and an explanation that it's an issue that they are simply unwilling to fix.  Happens with my hero 6's using them as standalones, with the Karma Grip and Karma.  Noticed on the Hero 7 that it's still there...just muted into the colors of the background images.  VERY disappointing!

Tourist

[ New ]

It doesn't take months to ask another team.

For an issue that is erroding brand value for a lot of people, you would think that management do not care about this issue.

I think my next small form factor camera will be a dji osmo pocket

Tourist

[ New ]

I think this warrants your senior support personnel's attention. You have many people who have the issue. It is an issue which should be easily reproducible in-house. Having a line of noise in all your videos is a high priority issue. The fact it has been open so long without a resolution demands that it be given your highest priorty. Get your management team involved on this issue as someone is not doing their job.

Please escalate the issue and keep your customer base updated. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
This is becoming ridiculous. This needs to escalated and resolved. I will personally write to senior management. It has been almost a year....with nothing. I am ready to call it quits with Gopro. The fact the software is clunky one thing but adding that it doesn't even work either...is the icing on the cake.
Tourist

[ New ]
It's been ridiculous for quite some time. I sold my GoPro and Karma months ago now. Will never recommend their products to anyone.
Tourist

[ New ]

The Hero7 Black is very tempting but after reading they are having the same issues with the green line at bottom of video, it's very disappointing. I understand that this has been an issue for so long and the continue to recommend "contacting support" but nothing has changed and it clearly won't at this point. The drone department was canned and that is a bad decision too because GoPro had the best shot at competing with DJI until they had a bad V1.0 release. The 2.0 is much better, if only they had gotten that right the first time, they could have had a major part of the market. I view my Karma as on life support and I'll be begrudgingly looking to DJI next.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just received my updated Seeker backpack and attached my KarmaGrip with extention to Hero 7 and get the same green/purple lines in footage while using Quik-what a bummer!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just discovered that I also have this problem the green bar at the bottom, I did not have it before ... it's a shame and it's a pity that it's been almost 2 years since it was reported and GOPRO has not given a solution to this .. that to edit the videos you have to use another software because the software of the brand itself has a huge error .... Gopro you are just marketing ...

WINDOWS 10

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 860m, 

GOPRO6

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem. I use a hero 5 with the drone or grip and get the pink/green line.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Oops...Hero 6 not 5
Tourist

[ New ]

Try to get a refund for the cam and Karma grip if possible.

I wish I went with a different company. I'll never purchase another product from them. I paid over 1k for everything and I am totally disastified at this point. The microphone is horrible and it still has not been improved in later editions. If I want to fix the microphone then I can't use the grip or have to use an external mic. If I want to fix this problem with the line appearing in videos then I can't use their software. No one from the company is talking about the problem as in why it happens or when a fix is coming. This company is not about making quality products it's about scamming as much money as possible from their customers. Run, run very fast.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got the Hero 6 when it first came out last year so I can't return that.  I bought the drone and grip about a month ago to add to the camera.  It's truly dissapointing they can't come up with a fix for this.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Apologies for the delayed response. We have not received an update from the team yet. In the meantime, you might want to explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. We will keep this thread updated once we receive new information. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
The delayed response? It's been over a year. I sold that garbage to someone else a long time ago.
Tourist

[ New ]
Not to mention the response I originally for from support, trying to blame it on my hardware. Your company is terrible and you should feel bad.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just to add some information. With my go pro hero 7 black the purple line only appears for time lapse videos. And only on Windows. If I use a MacBook from the company I work, it works perfectly, not one single weird bar, only on Windows 10...

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi All, Just bought brand new Hero 7 White, i have the same issue, disorted line in the bottom of the video while playing and editing in GoPro Quik 2.7.0.945

My hardware is:

DELL OptiPlex 3010 with Nvidia Quadro M4000

Sightseer

[ New ]

I want to get in on this thread and mention that I have the same issues. Hopefully a fix can be figured out. I'd prefer not to have to use different software if I don't have to. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem. Please, solve!!! 

Gopro Hero 6 - Windows 10

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm seeing the same annoying line at the bottom when using Quik on win10/64.  It's not there when I edit in Adobe Premiere Element, so at least the files are not actually wack. 

These screenshots were from video captured on a tripod, although the same problem occurs with videos shot on the grip in or out of the drone.AdobeP ScreenShot.JPGQuik Screen Shot.JPG

Tourist

[ New ]
It's literally been years of people complaining about this issue. Gopro does not give a **bleep**. They already have your money. I gave up and sold mine a long time ago but still get email updates on this thread. **bleep** gopro.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

We are still waiting for updates regarding the reported issue.

I understand this is taking longer than usual but can assure you that this is being worked on.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

You may try other programs to view and edit your GoPro files for now.

We'll have this thread updated once we receive additional information. 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi,

support fixed problem for me last time with an old version of quik, with the old version purple/green line apear only on the preview panel but it work good at export with telemetry overlay :). I just found back my .exe after crying for hour because i updated my software so if somone need it tell me.

What support sayed to me :

Hi ******,

Good day!

Please, use this link as an alternative for the previous Quik App.

*Dropbox link* it was this file GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.5.2.492.exe