Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik videos have a green/purple line at bottom of all clips

Good news is that Hero7 will be released soon, so GoPro can ignore all of us with the deadend 5 and 6 with the green/magenta crap on all our videos.  I have two 6's, two 5,s one Hero 2 and I have 2 Karma drones that are pretty much illegal to fly anywhere and then when I take my video and run it through any of my computers with QUICK, I get green and magenta. If you don't mind NOT having the GPS data, run your videos through Da'Vinci Resolve. The problem is really with GoPro QUICK. People trust me when I say, GOPRO doesn't care. They already have your money. And any more complaints will run them into their safe spaces and they won't come out until a rainbow unicorn gives them a GoPro participation trophie.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue plus all my 4K video is jurky, actually the entire program runs that way. I have been on the phone with support and they suggested that I convert all my videos first. Why in the hell would I do that when I'm trying to shoot 4K. I'm also curious about the Karma being Illegal that was suggested by another person as I just bought one.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @nickr6620

We have recently released an update for Quik for Desktop. Please check if your app is up to date.

Reupload the file and see if this corrects the issue.

For reference regarding 4K files, please see:

Minimum System Requirements for 4K Editing and Playback

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

I have installed Quik version 2.7.0.945 

If in parallel with karma grip, now I have green line on all videos. If I watch same video not in Quik, then there is no green line.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bluewave52402

Thank you for the update. Do you mean that the green/purple line now appears even with videos not taken through the Grip? Have you been able to check with more recent videos? Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

green line is there with karma grip only.

It is not on all resolutions. Can do a full testing if needed for all resolutions.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks @bluewave52402,

Please let us know so that we can forward those details to the right department. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi once more,

I did testing of all resolutions karma grip + Gopro 6. 

We have purple/green artifact line in Quik software only on 1080 resolution and fps ratings: 24, 30, 60, 120. On 240 fps rating there is no green line. 

Other resolutions with all fps ratings are clean. 

Camera has firmware 02.01 

Karma grip has firmware 01.80

Quik version 2.7.0.945