Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik videos have a green/purple line at bottom of all clips

Hi any update on this?

I'm having the same issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

This is such a garbage issue to have.

I used to get this on my phone (Quik Mobile) when trying to process 4k videos. After days of frustration and dealing with Gopro support, the solution was to only use 1080p and my phone did fine.

Now, 9 months later I have a 4k desktop I just spent serious $ on for the entire PURPOSE of 4k video editing and I have come across this issue again! Quik informed me that my computer didn't support HEVC files (it does as I proved by watching the same files in a different media player) and so it didn't even show all my 4k files as available. Wonderful!

This week I recorded a few different clips in 1080p @ 60fps. I tried pulling to my phone but it didn't have enough space so it didn't grab two of the 6 files. Then I imported them all to my desktop as well. I pulled it up on my desktop tonight and began editing to notice that annoying green line (visible in thumbnails even) in all 6 videos. During editing it didn't go away so I switched back to my phone and pulled the other two videos off the cloud. Put everything together and it looked great until I saved it and watched it only to see the green line again on the last two clips that had been pulled off the cloud. Way to go GOPRO!!

This has been almost a year since I came across this issue and clearly they haven't fixed anything. Thanks for nothing but a garbage product. I went from thrilled to have my Karma drone + grip + Hero6Black to embarrassed and frustrated in such a short time!

Highlighted
Tourist

Maybe we should all just post our videos on social media with green lines on the bottom, making sure the gopro logo is on all of them. The only way to edit video from the gopro to rid yourself from the line is to use 3rd party software, I.E Adobe or Resolve. Side note, in talking to gopro support, I believe we are dealing with "Safe Space"'ers that get offended that you would ask for help. I have invested over $3k into GoPro products and by mentioning that, they become intollerant and never get back to me on issues and pointing blame at myself. GoPro needs to take a step back and reevaluate their company mantra and buissiness practices before losing any of their invester's money on crappy software companies. I am guessing they already have, that is why there is no fixes to the software, anyone knowing the code has been fired or let go. I am tierd of Gopro at this point and will not be purchasing any more hardware from them. DJI and perhaps Canon may want my buisness. 

Highlighted
Tourist

its indeed a big shame of them to not fix this bug. 

even after a year we stil get things as your pc is not good. but the easiest way to say that pc is good is playing the same file on several players whitout any problem.

editing in diffrent programs whitout any green/pirple lines on the bottom. 

so that means the problem is the software itself, so they need to fix it.

but on the orther side this problem, stil the software of gopro, and than i mean gopro studio and not (crappy) program quick. 

feels so mutch nicer and beter than program for garmin.

but ofcourse al does things studio does do adobe can do it alot beter 

gopro is stil for me the best thing there is, a bit hufterproof. but have alot of flaws, orther actioncams have also alot of flaws and not even one make a perfect product. whit the garmin i stuggle to make nice movies, the lighting is al meased up. the software is working very slow and crashes. 

so in my opinion it is stil not last but there should be more money to gopro to get it right. if that happens i am affraid not but wo knows mayby it change something to eaven better things

Highlighted
Sightseer

Still no resolve here? Just downloaded the brand new version of the app in a fresh install, same issue. Nothing like spending this amount of $$$ on the Karma drone package and the software not working correctly. PC is a Digital Storm Aura so don't even start to tell me it's my graphics card. Let's see some resolve here..... 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftsand16871

You may try to contact our customer support team.

They might be able to provide a resolution.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

If you read back through the strain your support team has been unable to deal with this ongoing issue that multiple users on multiple systems using multiple OSs are experiencing! I would call it very pathetic customer service and potential he a reason why the value of my stock in your company continues to decline!
Highlighted
Tourist

No, support will not be able to help you. I tried and they're worthless.