Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Quik videos have a green/purple line at bottom of all clips

[ New ]

Hi,

I've recorded some clips on a Hero6 using 1080 60fps and imported them directly to Quik desktop (Win10). Two videos I've tried creating so far have this line at the bottom of all the imported clips. The color ranges from green to pink to sometimes almost white. The line is NOT in the originally recorded clips but only shows up in the create mode in the imported media.

What is this line and how can I remove it?

The end saved product (mp4) have the line across the entire video.

Example of Quik screenshot attached

Capture.JPG
GoPro

Re: Quik videos have a green/purple line at bottom of all clips

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

I have flagged this issue for our Team to take a look at! I will let you know once I have an update!

Cheers,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, 

I have the same and would be very keen to get rid of them!! Settings attached

Cheers,

S

Settings.JPG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have any screenshots of the issue as well? The more info I can get to our Desktop Team the better!

Cheers,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]

Here you go Ryan. 

GoPro Image.JPG
Anonymous

[ New ]

This was done just now. Seems to only happen with the 6 + grip

GoPro Image 1.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here. Support tried to tell me my graphics card isn't good enough, but that's not the problem.

greenbar.png
Anonymous

[ New ]

Update: I've edited the same GoPro clips in Filmora (on the same PC) and the end product does not have the green/pink bar at the bottom like the result from Quik.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks All! I will flag this to our Desktop Team so they can take a look!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

[ New ]
Any news on this issue?
GoPro

[ New ]

We have seen a solution for this issue that may work. For those with Windows systems, I'm assuming that you have two graphics cards installed on your system. For example, you may have a dedicated (Intel) graphics card and a higher performance (Nvidia or ATI) graphics card. Quik for desktop will work primarily well with the dedicated (Intel) graphics card rather than the higher performance card. It is a graphics display issue overall, so I would advise to check your systems and switching it back to processing the Intel graphics card. 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht078706

Make sure to choose the Intergrated Graphics and restart your computer afterwards. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Appreciate the suggestion but this is not an option for me on my desktop PC that has only one main Nvidia GTX1070 GPU.

Yes, I have read many other posts regarding desktop Quik crashing often, which I have experienced also, and all seems to point to Nvidia GPU. However, I find it hard to believe that GoPro cannot find a fix for this issue while other video editors does NOT have the same issue. I mean, come on, Nvidia is one of the large GPU chip manufacturers - they are not some small unknown brand!

I have not used desktop Quik since having the issue and have been using Filmora now which doesn't crash on me and doesn't have the line at the bottom of all clips.

Being a new GoPro owner it's disappointing that the GoPro developers have not addressed the issue yet if this really is Nvidia chip related which a quick google search impacts many users.

This is my very first GoPro experience: My first use of desktop Quik crashed on me about 3-4 times before I managed to save a clip and then the end video has a green/pink bar at the bottom across the entire length video! what a joke.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have exactly the same issue with quik.if i load the same video files into prem pro there is no distortion line at the base of the footage,only seems to occur with quik.

asus x99 a

intel 5930

asus 1080ti

bios and drivers completely upto date

Tourist

[ New ]

I also am having this issue. I do NOT have two graphics cards. Just one, an Intel(R) HD Graphics 620. I have checked for firmware updates and restarted. Issue has not been solved. Pretty dissapointing. One of MANY problems with my new GoPro Hero6 and Karma Drone. 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If the suggestions from Ryan and Jason don't resolve this issue for you, please reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and we'll do some additional troubleshooting with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]
I've tried dealing with your support. They're terrible. How about you just fix your software?
Tourist

[ New ]

I Have the same issue also. I don't get it in other video editing software, just in GoPro Quick. 

Tourist

[ New ]
This still hasn't been addressed? Can't believe this...

This issue affects all videos recorded on 1080@60. If I record the video at 4K@60 I do not get the green line at the bottom.
Haven't really tested other resolutions and frame rates, but then again these tests are something you guys should be doing, not us users.

Again, this only affects Quik, as if I open the same file that Quik is reading to play on a regular Media Player, I don't get the green line at the bottom.

And just for the record, no, I don't have two video cards, and yes, I do have an NVIDIA card (GTX 980 Ti)

Please fix this... It's outrageous that GoPro has taken this long to figure this out and fix the issue.
Tourist

[ New ]

Well, OK, seems like this was half-addressed on the newer versions of the app (upgraded from 2.5.0 to 2.5.2 just now, as it seems having option "Automatically download Quick updates" checked means nothing...)

I don't get the green line during playback, however it still shows on the thumbnails of my 1080p videos for some reason.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Yeah like you say the green/purple line seem fixed but with Quik v2.5.2.633 I now can't save the video after finish compiling. It just sits on "SAVING TO EDITS..." and never finishes.

I have left it overnight and woke up to the same screen. I've recreated the video from scratch. I've tried saving in different resolution and fps. No joy. Waste of my time really.

I've given up on Quik. GoPro software sucks! No wonder they are losing market share and having to slash prices.

Tourist

[ New ]

@Anonymouswrote:

Yeah like you say the green/purple line seem fixed but with Quik v2.5.2.633 I now can't save the video after finish compiling. It just sits on "SAVING TO EDITS..." and never finishes.

I have left it overnight and woke up to the same screen. I've recreated the video from scratch. I've tried saving in different resolution and fps. No joy. Waste of my time really.

I've given up on Quik. GoPro software sucks! No wonder they are losing market share and having to slash prices.

Well that just blows... I haven't tried editing anything so far, as I struggle to even get the software to import all files properly from the camera without stopping half way through, which then I have to close and reopen, unplug and replug a few times for it to detect things again...

I wonder if I should consider actually buying a program... But they are all so expensive, seems like overkill for someone casual like me lol

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Are there any solutions to eliminate the gree/purple lines at the bottom on my videos. 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Jason posted one troubleshooting step to take earlier in this thread at https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-videos-have-a-green-purple-line-at-bottom....

If you still have this issue after completing these steps, then our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to help troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

Jeff,

This issue is not resolved by Jason's recommendations can this not be solved by you guys as everyone here has said if you open the video footage through any other media player everything is fine it is just GoPro's Quik player. This was first posted in November and still no resolution thats now a full 6-months at least come on.

Tourist

[ New ]

From all my interactions with the company and their glitchy products it's pretty clear GoPro doesn't care about its customers and won't be around for long. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I've resolved the issue by no longer using GoPro Quik software. I have been using the GoPro Studio software which seems to work better than Quik. I no longer see the green/purple lines at bottom of video when using GoPro Studio. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

I agree with you that the software is very limited, but the issue you mentioned has been resolved a while back... If you update to the latest version of Quik, that issue has been corrected.

Tourist

[ New ]

As of today and the latest Quik update, the issue has NOT been resolved and the afforementioned 'multiple video cards' work around is not applicable to my situation either.  Still have the green band and VERY disappinted.

Anonymous

[ New ]

That issue still isn't resolved for me anyway

Tourist

[ New ]

Have you tried using GoPro Studio software vs Quik?

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, but as it's no longer supported, it is not my preference.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just updated the software and now all my videos 1080/60 have the green line. I really dislike the quik software as it is slow and clunky and now this finally confirms that I simply can't depend on it. What a waste of a Sunday afternoon...going through all my videos, making edits and saving footage to realize that the green line was there to stay. THe gopro software needs to be revamped asap. You will lose more and more users because of it. There are other options available to us. Please get this resolved!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @coolmesa484

Good to know that you already have the latest version of the Quik for desktop. Since there is still an issue with the videos, it would be best to contact our Support team for further assistance. This is so they can offer you a more personalized support, considering particular settings on your device. You can reach them via chat or call through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

All due respect, the issues with wait time and unfulfilled resolution from 'support' are well defined previously on this thread...as there are MANY of us having the exact same issue AFTER the update, I might suggest a global solution is necessary instead of us all individually spending hours getting very little assistance with the issue from 'support'...

Tourist

[ New ]

i have the same problem whit the gopro 6 but this problem is only in the program quick. 

whit the orignal file viewed whit orther program or even open in gopro studio there is no problem whit it

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @trucker0werner,

Do you have the latest version of Quik? 
Please try to update. 

If issue persist please contact GoPro Customer Support. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards, 

-Jay 

Anonymous

[ New ]

so did you ever find a solution ryan?

Anonymous

[ New ]
here here
Tourist

[ New ]
I have same issue. I noticed that I get it when using Gopro6 with karma grip. All videos have this green artifact line. It is really upsetting.
Memory card that I use is bought from gopro.com.

Sample video link
https://gopro.com/v/2D7gNn0aB4a5

Any solution coming?

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the video! That’s IT! And I agree!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bluewave52402 and @jaktzr

Thank you for keeping this thread alive. Have you already installed the latest version of Quik for desktop on your computer? The current version is 2.6.2. which was released last June 14. I did sample recording son a HERO6 Black camera, firmware version 2.01. Recordings were captured at 1080p, 60fps. I imported the files via Quik for desktop on a Windows computer, and though I do not see the green line on playback for recordings from the camera alone, I do see them on recordings captured using the Karma Grip. 

Is this the same observation that you have with you recent test/s? I would like to verify as the original poster observed the green lines with recordings from the camera alone. I will check with the team again to get updates, and will share them once available. Feel free to share other details that you may find relevant. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
There is no solution coming. GoPro support is abysmal, they don't give a **bleep** about their customers, and especially not their software. I ended up selling mine recently because they refuse to address this issue among others. It's not worth the headache.
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya ,

Software is recent version. Firmware on camera updated manually - just to make sure. Gopro karma grip updated.

Today I did a lot of testing with gopro online support. We did not manage to solve issue. Lastly I was suggested that I would need to test new harness for karma. I will send my purchase invoice copies - so support could send me a new one.

Green line is there in Quick only when there is a combination of karma grip +gopro 6 + quick software. What is strange if I upload unedited video to youtube - there is no green line. If create a quik video - line is there in quik software and when uploaded to youtube.
If I play a video not from quik - line is not there. If I create a video with Quik line is in all modes.

If I use karma grip + gopro 4hero silver + quick software - there is no artifact green line in Quik.

If use karma grip + gopro 6 + other software - there is no green seen on other software.

If I use gopro 6 + quik software - no green line.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the input, @bluewave52402. I observed the same results. I appreciate you engaging the Support team. I know how concerning this is, rest assured will post updates as soon as they become available. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

i am back from holiday and saw that on severall videos i don't have it but on orther i do. 

timelapse on 2.7k i have green line, but on 4k i don't

on 2.7k but when i make a movie on 1080 than i have it also, 4k not used

the strange thing is when i test it on the same settings i don't have it on all the movies. the movies are all 5sec long, just to test it. but mayby to short.

when looking to all your movies and pictures in quick, you see the green line on some of the movies. 

i see the green line on all the 1080p movies, except the 240fps movie. but that one uses a diffrent codec. 

when looking to the video itself there is nothing, so only at the preview screenshot. 

checked it and also the movies from gopro 4 silver whit latest firmware on 1080 do the same thing

i have edited one movie a time ago and the preview is even completly green, but the movie is perfect. this is made and edit whit gopro studio. also this one is at 1080p( movie is from 4silver)

for me it does not matter because the program to edit (gopro studio) works fine. 

only when edit in gopro quick program, you see it. don't know what happens when i edit it and save it. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @trucker0werner

Thank you for the information you have shared.

If you are using a Windows computer, please go over the steps listed on this link. See if it will make a diffrence.

In addition to this, please make sure that your camera and the Quik application is on the latest version.

Let us know how it goes.

This issue has been raised to the team in charge, we will be posting back for updates as soon as we get one.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006

I did more testing with karma grip. Green/purple artifact line in my case is there only with 1080p resolution. If I use other resolution - there is no green/purple artifact line. Also there is no artifact line in 1080p with 240fps.

When I use only camera for filming withouth karma grip - there is no green/purple artifact line.

Camera is updated, Quick is updated. Memory card used is correct one.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluewave52402

We appreciate the information shared.

We'll have this post updated as soon as we here from the team in charge.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi any update on this?

I'm having the same issue.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is such a garbage issue to have.

I used to get this on my phone (Quik Mobile) when trying to process 4k videos. After days of frustration and dealing with Gopro support, the solution was to only use 1080p and my phone did fine.

Now, 9 months later I have a 4k desktop I just spent serious $ on for the entire PURPOSE of 4k video editing and I have come across this issue again! Quik informed me that my computer didn't support HEVC files (it does as I proved by watching the same files in a different media player) and so it didn't even show all my 4k files as available. Wonderful!

This week I recorded a few different clips in 1080p @ 60fps. I tried pulling to my phone but it didn't have enough space so it didn't grab two of the 6 files. Then I imported them all to my desktop as well. I pulled it up on my desktop tonight and began editing to notice that annoying green line (visible in thumbnails even) in all 6 videos. During editing it didn't go away so I switched back to my phone and pulled the other two videos off the cloud. Put everything together and it looked great until I saved it and watched it only to see the green line again on the last two clips that had been pulled off the cloud. Way to go GOPRO!!

This has been almost a year since I came across this issue and clearly they haven't fixed anything. Thanks for nothing but a garbage product. I went from thrilled to have my Karma drone + grip + Hero6Black to embarrassed and frustrated in such a short time!