Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik videos have a green/purple line at bottom of all clips

I Have the same issue also. I don't get it in other video editing software, just in GoPro Quick. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This still hasn't been addressed? Can't believe this...

This issue affects all videos recorded on 1080@60. If I record the video at 4K@60 I do not get the green line at the bottom.
Haven't really tested other resolutions and frame rates, but then again these tests are something you guys should be doing, not us users.

Again, this only affects Quik, as if I open the same file that Quik is reading to play on a regular Media Player, I don't get the green line at the bottom.

And just for the record, no, I don't have two video cards, and yes, I do have an NVIDIA card (GTX 980 Ti)

Please fix this... It's outrageous that GoPro has taken this long to figure this out and fix the issue.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well, OK, seems like this was half-addressed on the newer versions of the app (upgraded from 2.5.0 to 2.5.2 just now, as it seems having option "Automatically download Quick updates" checked means nothing...)

I don't get the green line during playback, however it still shows on the thumbnails of my 1080p videos for some reason.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah like you say the green/purple line seem fixed but with Quik v2.5.2.633 I now can't save the video after finish compiling. It just sits on "SAVING TO EDITS..." and never finishes.

I have left it overnight and woke up to the same screen. I've recreated the video from scratch. I've tried saving in different resolution and fps. No joy. Waste of my time really.

I've given up on Quik. GoPro software sucks! No wonder they are losing market share and having to slash prices.

Highlighted
Tourist

@sibeanwrote:

Yeah like you say the green/purple line seem fixed but with Quik v2.5.2.633 I now can't save the video after finish compiling. It just sits on "SAVING TO EDITS..." and never finishes.

I have left it overnight and woke up to the same screen. I've recreated the video from scratch. I've tried saving in different resolution and fps. No joy. Waste of my time really.

I've given up on Quik. GoPro software sucks! No wonder they are losing market share and having to slash prices.

Well that just blows... I haven't tried editing anything so far, as I struggle to even get the software to import all files properly from the camera without stopping half way through, which then I have to close and reopen, unplug and replug a few times for it to detect things again...

I wonder if I should consider actually buying a program... But they are all so expensive, seems like overkill for someone casual like me lol

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

Are there any solutions to eliminate the gree/purple lines at the bottom on my videos. 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Jason posted one troubleshooting step to take earlier in this thread at https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-videos-have-a-green-purple-line-at-bottom....

If you still have this issue after completing these steps, then our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to help troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

Jeff,

This issue is not resolved by Jason's recommendations can this not be solved by you guys as everyone here has said if you open the video footage through any other media player everything is fine it is just GoPro's Quik player. This was first posted in November and still no resolution thats now a full 6-months at least come on.