Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik video clip only plays audio

[ Edited ]

I have windows 10 with the Quik app (2.6.1.780. My video is recorded in 2.7k60fps. When I try to clip these videos, the clip has a black screen with audio playing only. The visual video is gone, and it is only a black screen with audio playing.

I have a 1080ti graphics card and 7700k cpu with graphics card up to date.

I can replicate this issue by doing the same method.

My method:

play the original video, then press clip, clip the video and press save, replay the clipped video.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: quik windows 10

Hello @bravesand00500

Thank you for reaching out. Is this issue only happening with such resolution for videos? Do the raw (original) media files play back fine in Quik? What about in other media players? Do you have the latest version of Quik? If so, what is the version number. Also make sure that your computer's graphic cards and drivers are updated. If you have a computer that has two Graphics Cards you can right click on the Quik application and run it with the integrated card. 

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bravesand00500

Thank you for reaching out. Is this issue only happening with such resolution for videos? Do the raw (original) media files play back fine in Quik? What about in other media players? Do you have the latest version of Quik? If so, what is the version number. Also make sure that your computer's graphic cards and drivers are updated. If you have a computer that has two Graphics Cards you can right click on the Quik application and run it with the integrated card. 

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

The raw original video plays normally.

I have the latest version of Quik (the version number is on the original post)

My graphics card drivers are up to date.

I cannot play the clipped video on other media players.

I have 1 graphics card.

I have bought another video editing application that will be using that because it works better and has a lot more options.

thanks