Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik to iMovie ?

How can i export non edited videos from thee quik app to imovie? I shot in 4k and then uploaded to quik and it wont let me play it at all and shows black screen. Even if there is a way to get the video back onto my go pro as it deleted it onc it had uploaded? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik to iMovie ?

@frasermuir - If you import the files onto your computer, you should be able to use the content in nearly any other editor. If you've already imported to Quik for Desktop, then those source files should be stored on your computer already. You would just need to import them into iMovie. If they're not there, then you can import the files directly from the SD card using an SD card adapter and save them to your computer, and then import them to iMovie.

Highlighted
Tourist

The problem is that they are on the quik app but not anywhere else on my computer. they have been deleted off my sd card and are only on the quik app i was wondering if i could just take the clip from quik and put into imovie but seems that i cant do that.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If they're on the Quik app, they're stored somewhere, unless you're saying that they are only stored in your cloud account through PLUS. If that's the case, you can right-click on the files in Quik and select the download option.

If they're not in a cloud account, you can right-click on each file and click the Get Info option. On the window that opens, click on the file name (right below "Info" at the top of the window) and it will take you to the folder on your computer where the files are stored.