Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik "suspended" in Task Manager; won't start tray icon either

I'm having issues with Quik all of a sudden. It worked fine last weekend and even this morning. I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking that may help, but no change. I can't see the tray icon for launching quik or studio. If I find quik via the Start menu it shows up briefly in Task Manager, says it is suspended and it stops. Help?

GoPro

Re: Quik "suspended" in Task Manager; won't start tray icon either

Hi @o2bnmaine

Try to do a complete uninstall for Quik for Dektop.

A user shared these steps: 

1. Uninstall you GoPro Quik software

2. Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local and remove GoPro folder from there. 

3. Restart your computer.

4. Install GoPro Quik again. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Yup. I tried that. No luck. I'm still not able to get the program to start.

At this point, the speakers in my laptop stopped working, so I'm going to wait to figure that out first. Lenovo is sending me replacements, so I'll switch those out. If that doesn't fix it, I'll try a factory reset (to fix the audio issue). Once that's done, I'll have to reinstall on a "clean" laptop.

I've tried all sorts of things so far. Uninstall/Reinstall. Delete the folder. Confirm I can log in to the website (necessary for this post).

GoPro quickly sent me up to 2nd level support where you only communicate with them via email. They had me do all the same things.

In my searching, I found Dashware. A free product that does all the same things that Quik does. I MAY just start using it as my solution.

Dashware is better than Quik because:

(a) It allows me to flip a video before adding the gears.

(b) It allows me to merge all video segments together before adding the gears.

Dashware seems to have a lot of nice features beyond the above. I've only barely started using it. But, so far, the best feature is that it works on my computer. ;-)

GoPro

Thank you for the update, @o2bnmaine . Great to know that Dashware works fine on your computer. Let us know how it works out with Quik once you have a new computer. Best regards!