Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik playback is choppy

I have just installed Quik on my HP Windows 10 laptop (AMD A6-7310 2.0GHz, 8GB RAM) but I am experiencing very choppy playback of videos. 

This is not a problem in Windows Media Player, where the playback is flawless.

Could you advise on a solution to this please?

GoPro

Re: Quik playback is choppy

Hi @fireyriver2848,

Playback issues are usually related to the graphics card being out of date or when not using your integrated card. Give this a try:

Right click on the application on your desktop, select run with graphics processor and then clicking "integrated graphics"

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Hi

I do not have the option to run with graphics card when I right click on the desktop icon.

This is a newly built computer so I would be surprised if the graphics card is out of date.

I have tried Quik on my desktop PC and I have the same problem. 

On both laptop and PC I have no trouble playing the same files with other media players.

Tourist

I am having the same issue. Videos play just fine with the old GoPro Studio but with the Quik the video is so choppy it makes it impossible to use to do any editing at all. My computer has the latest drivers with the following specs

Windows 10

AMD Radeon Graphics Processor HD 5450
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz
8 GB Ram

Hiker

I have the same issue with Quick app. the videos I do are in 2.7k and 60fs. no problems in watching the files on the computer. But when I open the Quick to edit the videos and make a film it is almost "impossible" to use it because in the first 5-7 sec the video and the sound runs well, then the video starts to lag (it slows down) but the sound continues and in the end it is very difficult to work on the file. What is the problem? I have tried other video editors and it worked better. I undertand my laptop is not the latest model, but still RAM - 8GB, CPU i3 - 2.5GHz-Dual core. could it be because of the resolution of the video 2704x1520 (as shown by GoPro Studio)? By the way on GoPro Studio the video runs well but unfortunally I see that there are no big updates on GoPro Studio. I read articles on topics like that for other applications and people wrote that lagging is just in edint process, but after you export the file it works fine. That is true - it worked well for other video editor, as for Quick it is very hard to do an editing on the file. Could you add a "accelaration" on the soft with editing the file?

Sightseer

I am having the same issue.  I have all the required system requirements and then some.  Plaback is choppy only on Quik.  However, I got the gopro to use the very easy edit feature of it.  Any help would be awesome.  Works just fine on my phone, just not desktop version.

Sightseer

I do want to address the same issue. Once I go to edit the videos on Quik Desktop version, videos are choppy and takes forever to simply edit just one short clip. Any solutions out there?

Tourist

I have the same issue with jumpy and choppy GoPro (Hero4 Black) playback in Quik. HOWEVER, all references to the speed of the graphics card would appear to be spurious because, not only do I have an adequately fast 3.4 GHz intel i7 processor and a compatible high-speed graphics card with plenty of RAM, but all my GoPro videos play perfectly with Windows Media Player. So the problem clearly lies with the Quik playback software.