Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik playback is still choppy

Dear all,

I have the same issue. I bought a complete new Laptop with i7 8550U 16GB RAM and Intel UHD 620.

All video stuff over 1080 with 60fps will be choppy. Means 1080 with 120 fps and all 4K video...

I already tried the latest graphic card updates and all windows updates and I also had contact with lenovo about this issue.

Everybody says this issues is depends on the GOPRO QUICK software.

The point is, I already had contact with Gopro and I did all requests from them with installation, updates etc. nothing helps.

So Gopro should accept the statement that the Problem ist based on they own software and not on the machine from us.

My big problem is, I bought the Hero 6 for over 500 Euro and a new machine to create nice videos and now? Nothing works.

The current price of the Heros should include some software support and they have to fix it. (My opinion)

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

Hi Everyone
I think that we’re all agreed that the problem definitely lies with the GoPro Quik software and not our hardware. The longevity of this blog is enough evidence that GoPro are just ignoring us and are not about to provide a fix in the foreseeable future. As per my earlier comment, I took the view that having paid a hefty sum for the camera I would invest a further £30 on the MAGIC Movie Editor 2016 software. There are numerous YouTube tutorials, it’s easy to learn and does everything that I want, plus much more than I need I suspect. My strong advice is to everyone is to ditch Quik and buy a reasonably price software product from another supplier. There is loads to choose from and you can concentrate on editing your videos.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik playback is still choppy

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding this to our App team. We are always looking to our customers for areas of improvement so we appreciate your comments and suggestions. 

Best regards,

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius
Last week I went out and spent over 1000nzd on a hero 6 and attachments batteries etc at a store to my partners disbelieve, I tried to convince her was a good idea for bubba growing up, now like everyone else I see the software is unuseable, I’m now using it as an expensive paper weight till you guys can resolve it and I’m sure you can with an update..... can you give us a time on when this will happen as I’m getting an ear full as it is which is making my life hell thanks :)
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bmw705

Sorry to hear about that. What particular issue did you encounter with using Quik for Desktop? For a more personalized support, please contact our Support team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. This way, a dedicated team member will be able to help you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Marius??! Really!? Are you reading this thread at all!?!?! 

*Shakes head and realises gopro quik is definitely doomed*

Highlighted
Tourist

I had decided to just ignore future comments about Quik being choppy because we were all saying exactly the same thing and yet nobody from GoPro was listening. This last post from Marius has proved me to have been 100% correct. My head was in my hands after I had read Marius’ response. They really do not have a clue do they? I begrudged spending hundreds of pounds on my GoPro only to then have to spend a further £30 on MAGIX Movie Editor Pro in order to edit my videos, but I have to say that it was £30 we’ll spent. It does all that I need and probably much more and I can **bleep** a snoot at GoPro for their woefully inadequate customer support. I chose MAGIX after reading a few reviews and because it was cheap, and must emphasise that I have absolutely no connection with the company. But it does what it says on the tin, which is more than you can say for Quik! 

Highlighted
Tourist

Same as everyone else i gather.... I take a video in 1080 or 4k, upload it to the quik app to view or edit and it plays for 1-2sec then starts to jump then at about 4sec the program freezes then i have to ctrl alt del to end process because of not responding..