Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

So sad that the GoPro team is not seeing this thread neither acknowledging that they do have an issue.

Tourist

CPU: Intel i7 - 8750H - 6 Core

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060

RAM: 24GB

SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo 

Also, I can not play videos in GoPro Quick. 

Hiker

For sure, this is not a hw issue.

Everybody, who has sent specs of their PC's, are exeeding specs required to play 4k videos.

The only conclusion, what can be made is, GoPro quik & VSDC, both, aren't cabaple of playing 4k videos.

Not sure is it will happen with a PC from NASA, but I can't test it.

Main question is, whether their support is going to fix that problem or not.

I'm sure, they're interested of this topic, and aware of, what customers are talking about their product.

And - aware of problems, customers are having with playback/editing.

So, support of GoPro & VSDC.

Try to be Your own customer, and playback 4k videos with Your own sw.

Then, with the same computer, playback it with VLC, or even several 4k videos, at the same time.

Then You can stop repeating talk of some hw issues.

When do we get a FIX??

Sightseer

I have a i5 6600k at 4.5 Ghz and 1080ti, 32GB ram and I cannot edit photage at all.

Playback is fine with hardware acceleration with windows 10's built in movie player.

Clearly what's lacking is that GoPro needs to impliment HARDWARE ACCELERATION from GPU.

Very dissappointed that I cannot edit the photage from my GoPro 7 Black.

Will NOT recommend GoPro products until GoPro addresses the issues of EDITING PHOTAGE.

Highlighted
Tourist

Don’t hold your breath! You only need to look back at this thread to realise that this problem has been ongoing for a very long time. If ever GoPro support bother to respond to a customer, it is only to question their hardware. As you and many others have discovered, it is NOT a hardware problem; the Quik software that is without question at fault. However, they are deaf to our complaints and show no interest in either acknowledging the problem let alone fixing it. My advice is to buy a third party editing program. There are many out there, some expensive, some less so. I bought Magix Video Edit Pro for about £50, which compared to the price of the camera was worth the investment. It does everything I need (using my current hardware!) and probably much more. Problem solved.

GoPro

Hi Everyone!

While this matter is still being worked on, you may use other editing software.

GoPro cameras create MP4 files, a format that is supported by many video editing programs. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

VLC Media Player is also a free downloadable video media player that supports MP4 H.264 files.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

DaVinci Resolve is great editing software.

I chose this route because Quik is completely useless. 

DR also works great for slower machines with the option to change the playback resolution and has render caching.

Give it a try It's FREE: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to use it.

Hiker

"

VLC Media Player is also a free downloadable video media player that supports MP4 H.264 files.

Thanks!

Ej"

Don't know bout the others, but I'm looking for HEVC, h.265 codec...

VSDC is recommended sw here... but with it can't play even unmodified footages.

Tried to install Davinci... but my brain is not capable of doing it....

Maybe Magic is worth of trying, based on price.

'Cause I'm not looking for anything special, from editing.

Should have browsed the internet first, to know, Gopro does not support it's own products.