Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: Quik playback is choppy

What about VSDC and HEVC playback?? VSDC imports new codec and I suppose it cut/modifies, what ever, but if I try to playback some 20 second footage, it lags. Useless. Am I missing some driver , setting, something?
GoPro

Hi @ilpol3114,

What is the resolution of the video you're editing and what is the specs of your device?

Thanks,

-Jay 

Hiker

Jay, to get any benefit of a new devices, I'm looking for best resolution, latest codec.

Otherwise, there's no point for investing to a latest models if those can't be used.

Or, if I have to start converting those to a some older format. (Handbrake)

Camera is GoPro 7, 4k, 50 fps.

Laptop is Dell 7520, SSD  64Gb Ram.

As a reference, I can play two (haven't even tried for more) GoPro footages with VLC, simultaneously.

No lag. Smooth play.

Those were both the max size GoPro takes, nearly 4 Gb, 8min 51 sec.

With VSDC, 21 sec seems to be too much????

And - it's a plain video, no changes, transitons, nothing. Just imported video.

I hope I'm missing something, some setting, otherwise, this can't be true.

GoPro

Hi @ilpol3114

Please check on these articles:

HEVC Explained

Minimum System Requirements for 4K Editing and Playback

You can also go over the information on this thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Hero-6-4k-60fps-Media-Laggy-and-Glitchy/td-p/67407

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Hi Ej
The guy in the thread You linked, seems to have newer hw as I do.
They're talking about reducing the quality.
Why would I spend any money for new device and use them as I would use the old and cheaper ones? (Handbrake)

If the hw is an issue in my case, why I can play two 4k 50fps videos, max size, simultaneously, with VLC, but none with this editor?
Or even manufacturers (GoPro) own choise?

GoPro

Hi @ilpol3114,

It might be die to system limitation since it can only handle 2.7k and for some they can use 4k 30/24FPS.

Regards,

-jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm afraid that, if you look back through this thread, you will inevitably conclude that the Quik editing software is not fit for purpose. The GoPro "support team" keep making references to hardware specifications. However, all of us that are complaining have reasonable or good hardware specs and I for one can play my videos without any problem using Windows Media Player. When it comes to editing, I'm afraid that the only way out of this cul-de-sac is to buy third party software. I bought MAGIX Video Edit Pro, which is excellent and easy to use. It cost me about £50, but when compared to the cost of the Hero Black, it was worth the outlay in order to edit my videos. Otherwise, I'd be stuck as GoPro have shown no interst in fixing this software issue despite all the complaints.

Tourist

I have the same problems, from this link you can download previous versions of Quik https://www.filehorse.com/download-quik-desktop/34430/