Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

**bleep**... did not realize there was a thread about the poor quality of Quik already.

I posted a detailed thread about my export quality issues here (w/ pics)

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/How-to-improve-Quik-Desktop-export-quality/m-p/252220

Sightseer

This is outrageous! Get Quik working again and do it quickly! Completely useless the way it is working now. And this is on a high spec newer PC. 

Sightseer

Very upset right now. Just got back from my honeymoon and was excited to see all the videos on the computer.... What a joke. I can't even watch a simple 7sec video. You'd think that with spending all this money on a new camera, you'd be provided a great platform to view/edit your footage. Unacceptable. 

Tourist

Try using v.2.6 of Quik.

v2.7 is broken.

Don't know who authorised v2.7 to be released.

It is a joke for people who paid good $$$ for their GoPro.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sad to say, but you only need to read this long thread to realise that GoPro are just not interested in fixing this problem, which far too many of us are experiencing. And don't listen to the GoPro mantra about your hardware possibly being below the necessary spec. Many with wizzo PCs that could take you to the moon and back without breaking into a sweat are also complaining.

My advice is not to waste your time complaining to GoPro - they're not listening - and do what I did and buy a third party program. I bought the MAGIX Video Edit Pro, which at £50 works a treat for my level of editing. Without it my GoPro footage is useless. 

Adventurer
Adventurer

BTW, Quik Desktop works fine on my i7 32GB Nvidia GTX 1050Ti. However, the software I linked to are all much better solutions for desktop editing.

When it comes to creating Quik videos, the mobile app has way more options and it doesn't limit your video duration to one minute like the desktop app does.
Tourist

I'm so disappointed with the new purchase of my GoPro 7 Black, that was a bad investment since I can't use the software to edit my clips.

GoPro get your act together...Smiley Sad

@danielr15 wrote:
BTW, Quik Desktop works fine on my i7 32GB Nvidia GTX 1050Ti. However, the software I linked to are all much better solutions for desktop editing.

When it comes to creating Quik videos, the mobile app has way more options and it doesn't limit your video duration to one minute like the desktop app does.