Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

Having the same issue as everyone else.  Judging from the apparent months of no solution, I may consider returning my recently-purchased GoPro stuff... all $1,000 of it.  What's the point of taking lots of video if you can't edit it??

Brand new Dell with GeForce 1070 Ti, 32 GB RAM, etc, etc.

Tourist

It's very frustrating and one of several glitches with GoPro generally. I decided to get separate video editing software and went for Filmora. I've been very pleased with it. If you've spent $1000 already then this would just be a further small outlay and well worth it.

Tourist

Awesome, thanks for the advice.  I'll check it out.

GoPro

Hi @swiftwater82380

Sorry to hear about the playback issue.

Please check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Quik for Desktop.

In addition to this, here are some steps in correcting a choppy playback.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I can’t believe that GoPro are still gong on about system requirements. If they read this long thread, there is a very consistent theme about the inadequacy of their Quik software. This includes comments from folk who, like me, have a high-spec machine along with numerous people who, again like me, have no problem playing and editing GoPro video using third party software. In my case MAGIX Video Pro 2016 at a cost of about £30,which works brilliantly. The way in which GoPro customer services is ignoring this issue makes one want to cry! 

Tourist

"Check system requirements" -- GoPro

"We meet & exceed system requirements" -- Customers

"But check system requirements"  -- GoPro

<< repeat indefinitely >>

I literally just got back from Best Buy to return $1,120.82 of new GoPros/accessories.  Solely due to their abysmal customer service.  Time to try their competition.

No wonder the company is going under.  Also I noticed their BBB rating is D- !!!  That's insane.

Tourist

you're trolling now rtight?

Tourist

About returning the stuff?  No.  Brand new customer.  Liked the hardware products for the 2 weeks I had it, but I can't edit the videos I take and GoPro is of no help.  Looking back through months of forums I noticed a recent pattern of GoPro apparently not supporitng their products.  I'm getting out while I still can.

After I bought the products I learned that there are rumors that GoPro is hurting as a company and could go under  (google it).

Also google GoPro's BBB rating.  Everything I said was true.

....I simply had no idea until AFTER I bought all my stuff.  Now I know and I'm staying away.