Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

hardyvista14573 Agreed!

The solution I received from Gopro support was to upgrade my PC so that I can run their free software.

I can smoothly play the videos on every piece of video software on my Windows machine except Quik. What does that tell me? That there is a problem with the Quik software code.

Maybe because its freeware that they are in no rush to fix the problem. 

Sightseer

I'm also having this issue, I only installed the software today after purchasing a gopro recently, I'm very dissappointed that after 7 pages of feedback nothing has been done to correct this problem.

Sightseer

+1 for the Quick app not working. Brand new Dell computer with more than enough grunt. 

GoPro and Quick should really get this rectifed ASAP. Not good enough for a 'premium' brand

GoPro

Hi @hardybluff88356

I understand you have a brand new computer, kindly check on the Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop

Also, we have on article on How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

oh gopro you suck so bad in this thread. keep repeating "system requirements" like a broken record, although its not an issue for anyone. newsflash, we are yr costumers. we have bought yr expensive stuff. how about actually consider our feedback and give relevant feedback? you know, talk to us. at least pretend you care...

stay stoked Smiley Indifferent

Tourist

*relevant answers

@megabluff68040 wrote:

oh gopro you suck so bad in this thread. keep repeating "system requirements" like a broken record, although its not an issue for anyone. newsflash, we are yr costumers. we have bought yr expensive stuff. how about actually consider our feedback and give relevant feedback? you know, talk to us. at least pretend you care...

stay stoked Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Tourist

Well said megabluff. You beat me to it. I just can’t believe that GoPro keep churning out the same old nonsense. It’s akin to listening to a call centre operator reading from their mandatory script. Even being forced to listen to their lengthy Ts & Co is more interesting. The post referred to about how to deal with choppy video is banging that same old (broken) drum: system requirements and/or fiddle with the format to make things work. This is 2018 and customers expect to buy a product that works instinctively and intuitively with the “average” PC and without having to manipulate the format. Let’s face it, most PCs these days are able to run all sorts of other complex programmes and gaming is more demanding than most, and yet little old GoPro falls flat on its face. It should work first time out of the box. As megabluff says, please buy a dictionary and look up the word “Customer”. You have an awesome bit of hardware in the camera so why is your software so utterly useless. And there is absolutely no doubt that it is your software that’s at fault. None of us taking the time to post on this thread is likely to recommend your products to friends and when the day comes to replace our GoPro cameras, guess what. We’re going to look elsewhere. So the money might be rolling in now but you are setting yourself up for failure in the long term as a result of your unacceptably poor software and, even more unforgivable, your complete lack of interest in dissatisfied customers. It’s hard to believe that any tech company could behave so suicidally when there is so much competition out there. Lemmings jumping off the cliff springs to mind. But this has now become the dialogue of the deaf.

Tourist

I've been getting messages on this thread for some time now and I see the same responses as well. I've had my GoPro for several years and back then the editing software (GoPro Studeio} was good...not the best but I could edit without any problem. When they changed to Quick it was unusable. Since then I have upped my game on a computer which is way over the min requirements. 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 gig Ram
16 gigs of Ram
Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8 - 3.8 GHz processor

I still have issues with choppy play and difficulties editing. I now use Garmin Virb, Microsoft Movie Maker, and Divinci. 

I love the GoPro Quick app on my phone which is great and easy but the computer version sucks to no end. This is coming from someone who has been in Software Quality Assurance for many years...there are some serious issues with this software.