Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

I just purchased a hero 6 and accessories and tried using the softward to edit and add telemetry. What a waste of money and not needed frustration. Software is **bleep**. Where is the fix? Or how can i return this and i can go buy another product that has seperate gps information not embeded so i can use a different editing sotware. 

GoPro

Hello @schnupper

Sorry to hear about the trouble - definitely not an experience that we would like you to have. What particular issue have you encountered regarding the use of Quik and telemetry data? See if the articles below would be of help: 

1. Gauges do not appear in Quik for desktop
  2. Overlaying Telemetry from GoPro Cameras in Dashware

Feel free to post back for any other questions, concerns. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Marius,

Will you PLEASE READ ALL THE PREVIOUS POSTS. I can’t believe that you keep asking people what problems they are having. There are pages of people making it very clear why Quik is unusable. All you have to do is read them. Or are you deliberately ignoring us? 

Sightseer

How do you update quik to that version?
Tourist

Is this fixed yet? And i followed the crummy directions on that link to the dashboard gauges and it doesnt work....

Sightseer

Running Quick for the first time, v2.6.2.841. Same problem as everyone else – video playback choppy as hell on powerful PC. Plays back fine using VLC. Pretty damned disappointed at GoPro's pathetic response to this long-lasting, very widespread issue :-(.

Tourist

Here are the system requirements: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/What-are-the-Minimum-System-Requirements-for-GoPro-A...

The Quik software is a resource hog so make sure you meet the system requirements for what you are trying to do. Also, when they talk video memory they are talking dedicated memory. You can run dxdiag.exe on windows to check to see if your system meets the Quik software requirements.

IMHO - Gopro really needs to optimize this software.

Tourist

Thank you rockypeak50325. However, the bottom line is that Quik should run satisfactorily on any half-decent PC. You should not have to have the latest, fastest PC with mega memory. As I and other have discovered, our videos play fine in Windows, and in my case I can do everything I want with MAGIX Video Editor Pro, which cost me about £30. So, in other than a very few cases of people running ancient and slow PCs (eg XP), there is no doubt that it is the Quik software that is at fault and not our PCs. Alas, GoPro have shown no interest in even acknowledging the problem, let alone fixing it. In my case, having spent several hundreds of precious pounds buying the camera, another £30 to solve the editing issue was by far the quickest and most effective solution.