Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is still choppy

I must add i have a really new laptop with all the fruit that plays 4k videos fine in other apps
Sightseer

Re: Quik playback is choppy

[ Edited ]

I just found a solution! I downloaded the 2.5.0 version and and my 4k footage playback is buttery smooth! 

Tourist

Same problem here.

Anyone have an answer to this months-old problem from GoPro? Or are they just ignoring customers?

Tourist

Dear all,
I work in paralell to this conversation togeather with Gopro Support. I already sent some examples with the problem and the told me that they are working on it. Last feedback was to try version 2.4 and this version works much better but not perfect.
So please try to use version 2.4 and let us now how it worls for you.
Thanks
Sightseer

I'm just another with this same issue. Spoke with GoPro support that sent me recommended specs despite me already telling them my computer specs. Luckily I found this thread, while talking to the rep, and opened my videos in Windows Media Player, which ran them perfectly. I have to say that this is my first GoPro (Hero5 Black, bought yesterday) and I have a pretty bad first taste. At least for now I've found a temporary solution until I pay for a better video editor. Please fix Quik GoPro.

Sightseer

Just for everybody experiencing this issue in QUIK, I suggest you to try Garmin VIRB which is able to get a lot of metadata from gopro videos and is pretty good.

Anyway, hope Gopro fix this big issue soon. 

Tourist

so to sum it up, gopro knows that quik suck but dsnt care? i mean a video editing app that cant play videos..? and the "editing" options is basically a few cheesy stock music snippets..? bad beyond parody. but most ppl dsnt discover this until they have bought a camera, so no harm done for gopro i guess -_-

Highlighted
Tourist

Yep.