Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik playback is choppy

Sorry, I think I misunderstood. I thought by saying "previous version", you meant gopro studio, but you mean the previous version of quik? I'll try again... Thanks.

You'd know if you had installed the codecs. But it sounds like you probably haven't. Again,helpful. I'll let you know how I get on.
Tourist

Yes, the previous version of quik

Highlighted
Tourist

Having abandoned all hope of getting Quick to work (and no longer being able to download Studio!), I went out and bought MAGIX Video Edit 2016. It wasn't expensive and works a treat. There are many more expensive programs out there, but this does everything that I want (and probably a lot more than I'll ever need).

The evidence that it is a software design problem that is preventing Quik from working for most (all?) of us is irrefutable, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them to fix it.

Tourist

The latest version of Windows 10 has the photos app which is massively updated since the Creators Update, and also does similar stuff to quik. Just exploring it a bit now...
Tourist

crap looks like im not the only one experiencing issues. has anyone been able to find a free or cheap alternative to Quik? i tried Resolve studio (i think thats what it was called) and it was too complex for my liking. just need something simple....

Tourist

Harleyc1. See my earlier message. I’m using Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016, which cost me £30 on Amazon and works a treat. I watched a couple of YouTube video tutorials and was up and running in no time. Very easy to use and looks as if it also has many advanced editing tools, should I ever feel so inclined. But for now the basic features allow me to quickly edit a number of video clips into one coherent video with a music soundtrack. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks equally simple to add my own commentary to sections if I ever felt the need. Opting to buy this software was much better than waiting for GoPro to do anything with Quik.

Sightseer

The right click option is not available on my computer. What’s the deal I even emailed you guys never got a response it did work and then all the sudden it didn’t work. There has to be another fix please help.

Mark
Sightseer

Also having this issue. Laptop has a GTX 1070 in it. Video plays fine in windows media player and film/tv app, but is shocking in quick.

I'm guessing by the amount of posts with this issue Gopro haven't fixed it yet?