Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik or Studio on win 7

Hi,

Many thanks for everyones help here - I finally got it all working before Xmas. But it was unreliable when connecting the Hero6

Hence, I decided to return the Hero6 becuase of the lack of official support - not fit for the use that it was purchased. (as indicated earlier - needing to buy a new laptop to get it to work). Also, the next time I have a problem I don't really want to have to rely on the likes of you guys (especially when I have paid such a premium for the goPro itself - totally unacceptable in my mind). 

So, I now have two, much cheaper cGBP70 devices, from China, (via Amazon)  that have better levels of official support for their users. The results may not be quite as good as the goPro - but hey the cost saving is immense.  If the support fails then I have lost rather less.

Thanks agian,

Dave

Highlighted
Sightseer

un rollo patatero

windows7

Highlighted
Tourist

Ditto all the previous comments.

Highlighted
Sightseer

gopro app for win 7 - I have followed all of your instructions from page 5, IT WORKS. Thank you guys!!!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi.

Is there a version for Windows 7 32bit?

GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383 this one installs only on 64bit version..

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes, but security fix support still continues until 2020 so before that I won't "update" to a spyware ridden Win10.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes what?

Do you have a link to installer of Quik for Windows 7 32 bit version (NOT 64 bit)??

Highlighted
Explorer

@ka81
Are you asking the community or GoPro?
This is a member to member support community, so while it's possible someone might be able to help you out, it's not likely. Not many people have 32 bit machines or the older software.

As far as GoPro, the software they have available is on the main GoPro web page. Unfortunately, Quick for desktop is only supported on 64 bit Windows 10 and Mac computers.

If you have a supported mobile device I suggest you try the Quik mobile app. It's much more flexible, has more options, and produces better videos. If you have an iPhone or iPad, you should also check out Splice.

Quik for desktop isn't required for transferring media or updating your camera, so your not really missing much by not having it. I'm not sure what's available for free computer editing on a 32 bit machine, but there are many free video editors for 64 bit. I'm sure you can find something to work on your computer.

Check DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, VSDC video editor, and Shortcut. All four are free and much better video editors than Quik for desktop.