Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Quik or Studio on win 7

Another user that would appreciate an update to allow us to install on WIn 7 64.  I've tried VCSD and it's a bit overboard for my needs.  The simplicity in the screenshots for Quik make me wish I could install it on my desktop to do simple editing.  I work in pro audio and Win 10 causes problems with my audio interface- an expensive 32 channel unit. These problems don't exist on Win 7 so I'm stuck on this O/S for now.  Please consider hosting a link for the legacy Win7 version on your site.  It appears that the admins are deleting the links here but I would love to grab that.  If someone can PM it to me, I owe you a beer.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Hey guys.

I also find this unnaceptable for a company like GoPro, because there are several reasons why people might not be able to update to Windows 10. And it's really risky letting clients download older versions of their own software form unnoficial sources that may contain malware.

So, it turns out that the last Quik version to support Windows 7 is 2.3.0.

A quick Google search showed me that the 2.3.0 installer is named GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383.exe

I also found this accepted answer for a similar request:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Is-there-any-way-I-can-get-GoPro-studio-on-my-...

So basically, with some trial and error I realized we can still grab the official 2.3.0 version from GoPro's official servers here: [Edit: Link Removed]

Hope it helps.

Highlighted
Explorer

You can update the Grip manually using the download software found on this article.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Karma-Grip-Stuck-in-Recovery-Mode-After-Up...
Highlighted
Sightseer

HI just dowloaded version 2.3.0.5383 (found on Google). Install is working on Win 7 64 bits.

Highlighted
Tourist

YUP - Same problem - absolutely appalling attitude to users/consumers.  Considering returning my device to supplier - Not fit for the use it was purchased - as I cannot update it without a new laptop.

Highlighted
Explorer

You don't need Quik or Studio to update. You can update manually or use the mobile app.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes - I know that - but what a pain. And that was not my point.

In my case made worse by the fact that the gopro simply wouldn't accept any fully charged battery (nor would it charge one).  Had to send it back...

Cost of Gopro GBP500, cost of new laptop GBP750.

Decision to not support win7 is still appalling.

Looking elsewhere for another product.

Dave

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

[Edit: Link Removed]