Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Quik or Studio on win 7

Microsoft mainstream support for Windows 7 ended January 13, 2015. You should update your OS. I seriously doubt GoPro will put resources into making their software backwards compatible.
Highlighted
Explorer

If you need to update your Karma Grip and are unable to use Quik, try updating manually by following the directions on this page.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Karma-Grip-Stuck-in-Recovery-Mode-After-Up...
Highlighted
Anonymous

GoPro needs to wake up and understand that more than half of all windows PC still use Windows 7, they must be aware of this by seeing what OS people are using to access ther web site. I was about to buy a new gopro but not now.

Highlighted
Explorer

While it is true that around 48% of all windows users are on Windows 7, it's not usually the best practice to try to continuously build software that's backwards compatible. GoPro cameras are not relying upon the desktop software so if you are only purchasing a camera based upon the software it utilizes then you're correct, this may not be the best camera for you.

Considering that most other camera manufacturers have desktop software that is either non-existent or also lacking in features, I don't know if searching for a camera based on desktop software is the smartest move. Most companies currently are focusing on mobile software for utilization of their cameras.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

You can get GoPro Studio from Chilean GoPro web

[Edit: Link Removed]

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

There are many such complaints, but yet another. No version for linux, no for win 7 - what to do? I don't want to download from external servers. The manual page is outdated, because it describes the installation for win 7.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

just have to download an older version of quik studio 

Highlighted
Sightseer

There iso anyway to install it on win7?