Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik or Studio on win 7

Dont understand this ... why is the quik not available for windows 7? ????   what can we use instead ?? 

It would be very stupid if the software is not compatible with windows 7 .. 

Highlighted
Tourist

By the way why is there no power plug included in the box? only a usb cable but no power plug????? 

Is every power plug good to connect it with? I am not so sure about the voltage that a power plug gives through and if it can damage the product if I use a wrong one...?????

Very POOR ... 

There is also no instruction manual in the box of 429 euro's ..!!!!    also very very poor... 

Had to look for a video on youtube to find out the first steps... 

All the things above gives the gopro a very bad user experience at first...    

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @snowyridge13557 and @loyalsand38588, The Quik for desktop application only works with Windows 10, 64 bit. There are other programs that you can use to view and edit your GoPro media with. The list of these programs is found here

The power plug is not included in the package @loyalsand38588. You may connect the camera directly to a power source (using an adapter or charger for your mobile phone) or to a computer to charge the battery in it. For tips on charging the camera battery, you can check this link . Which camera model do you have? The manual is also not part of the package as it is available online. You can view or download the manual through https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals. Fell free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Has this issue of not being able to download Quik on Win 7 been answered? If so I can't find it on here. Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

@playerpe

Unfortunately Quik for Desktop only runs on 64 bit Windows 10 in desktop mode and Mac OS 10.10.X or later.

Is there a specific function you are looking for, as there are work arounds to using software (often much better than Quik for Desktop) that can be downloaded and used for free.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes,... Specifically, being able to upload video..... Duh!
Highlighted
Explorer

Duh? Really?
Upload to where? Your computer? This can't be it as clearly you are smart enough to know that you don't need an app to transfer photos/videos to your computer.

I assume then that you mean to GoPro Plus? The camera will automatically do this for you. You just need to set it up on your home network using the GoPro app on your mobile device. Also, if you use the app to auto download Photos/videos for Quik Stories, then the app will grab your latest created media from the camera. Not only will it auto create a video for you, but it will also upload to GoPro Plus.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply. I have Win 10 on my work laptop so I downloaded it there with no problem. I'll still check on other software that are Win 7 compatible since I rather do that instead of bogging down the work laptop.