Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik not recognising 360 videos

Hi @boardsports16

For GPS overlay, you can use the GoPro app(mobile).

You may check https://community.gopro.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/tkb?location=tkb-board:kb-en&q=360+gopro+app for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Would it work for you to save the media to your Smart Phone and then transfer the files to your computer?

In doing so via my Galaxy (save to cell ===> transfer to SD card ===> then copy & paste to desktop) takes for ever but allows me to have 360 footage I can rotate and zoom with in VLC player. Havent tried editing though. recently downloaded HitFilm and I'm hopeing it will allow me to edit these VLC compatable videos.

Highlighted
Sightseer

So this is a problem.

Can i use the GoPro Player Mac application to edit the video to tradition format then export it and the open it in the Quik app to further edit ie. music overlay etc? 

If so advice on how or why not woud be appreciated? 

Thanks 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @fireyhike0520. It will not work. Quik for desktop app only recognizes original GoPro media either from the SD card or the camera. You may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your footage. The Quik for desktop app though should be able to detect MAX photos and videos that were captured in HERO mode. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Unfortunately, I have never had any success with the GoProMAX Export for Windows. It ALWAYS fails... Doesn't matter if the file is 100MB or 5MB. I've tried it on several different machines with different Win10 builds (1703,1709,1803, etc) and always have the same result.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @swbradbury. If you haven't yet, join the Facebook group for GoPro Player Beta to get access to the GoPro Player for Windows.