Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Quik not recognising 360 videos

Hi, I have a GoPro Max and have installed Quik for Windows. Only photos and non-360 videos are recognised either when the camera is connected via USB or the files are in the nominated GoPro folder after transferring via the micro-SD drag and drop. So the file location on my windows machine contains a mixture of 360 and normal videos/photos but only the non-360 ones are being imported into Quik for editing. I read that installing HEVC video extensions helped some people but it didn't for me. Any ideas?

Capture.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik not recognising 360 videos

Quik is designed for photos and traditional videos. MAX 360 content is not compatible with Quik at this time, though overcapture renders may be imported.

Highlighted
Tourist

That is not an acceptable answer. 

Quik is the only way to upload videos to GoPro Plus on macOS, so Quik NEEDS to support the import of 360 videos. And it intermittently does. 

There are clearly bugs in the importing system of Quik. Giving false information as a support response is not an acceptable excuse for those bugs. 

Please don't give customer support responses that do not answer the customer's question, or contain false information.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Shame on you!
I've been thinking about this purchase for $ 500 for a long time!

The only way to handle the non-standard format of your video is through the awkward interface of the phone app!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sobri909 and @todort3. The 360 files from MAX can be uploaded to the PLUS cloud using other methods. These methods are described in detail here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus/ta-p/401627 . Also, Quik for desktop does not support 360 files as mentioned previously. If you are using a computer, you can use the GoPro MAX Exporter (Windows) or the GoPro Player (Mac) to export your 360 MAX media and use them for editing. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Sigh. 

The other upload options are not workable solutions. (I have spent considerable time testing all of them). 

- The iPhone uploader is restricted by iOS's energy consumption watchdogs, which means that one 360 video can take days or weeks to finish uploading

- The web uploader never finishes, and continues uploading forever, or times out and fails

- The upload directly from the camera repeatedly fails on individual files, and then skips them indefinitely, resulting in only perhaps one out of five files ever making it to the cloud, even on high speed fibre networks

The only viable option is a desktop app which is not energy or bandwith restricted. Quik app is that app. Except it doesn't support 360 videos (which customer support has avoided admitting for months, thus wasting everyone's time). 

So *please*, do not reply until your answer is "we have fixed the problem". Until the desktop software team has fixed their **bleep**, there is no solution to this problem. So giving useless customer support responses only makes the situation worse. Own up to the problem, admit it honestly, and give a timeline to when the problem will be resolved. Anything else is just wasting people's time, and not acceptable. 

Understood? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Read your post and totally agree

GoPro sell Max camera but their software is not even ready or mature enough for consumer.

Using Gopro app editing 360 footage is not even stable, sometime work , sometime dont, all may be depend on the length or resolution setting 360 of 60/30/24 ?

Quik forget about it, this app is not even ready to edit 360 footage

GoPro please have quick solution for us

Highlighted
Sightseer

This is very big problemmmm and second problem GPS file not read...

it does not suit for gopro...  :(