Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik not importing video files

[ New ]

I've managed to succesfully import all of my footage from my GoPro hero 7 White to the Quik app for Mac except from one specific afternoon of recording.

When I imported to Quik I recieved no error messages they simply did not import to the software. 

I checked on the GoPro and all of the footage was there and watchable. 

When I check the Quik app on my phone it also fails to find the footage from that afternoon.

I used a card reader to export the footage to my laptop, checked the files worked and again, all of the footage is playing correctly and without fault in quicktime player.

I then tried to import from my laptop by organising this missing footage into a specific folder and selecting it as an import folder location. The Quik app then scanned the folder (of 12 videos) and reported "could not add 4 files". It did not give me any specific file names and upon inspection absolutely none of the footage has imported. 

Can someone please help?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik not importing video files

[ New ]

Please try to browse through the Media Library and see if the videos are just dated incorrectly.

Otherwise, see if the following steps will help: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@patrickn667, sorry to hear you're having issues importing files to Quik for Desktop. We'd like to gather a few more details to help further isolate the problem. What's the method used to import footage? Please tell us about your workflow.

Additionally, please make sure that you have sufficient free storage space on your computer.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez 

Thanks for the help. I attempted to import using the normal method of plugging in the GoPro via USB and searching for new videos. This managed to import one file from that day but none from the afternoon mentioned previously. 

I then removed the memory card from my GoPro and took the files directly from there, I checked they worked properly by watching them in quicktime.

From there I tried to drag and drop to Quik (which did not work). I organised the missing videos into a specific folder and then followed the process available within Quik as follows: 

Add media -> Add folder -> "Missing videos" -> Save.

This still failed to import any of the videos. any advice?

I also still have around 400gb of storage free on my laptop. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@patrickn667, thanks for the details. What's the video resolution settings used for these specific videos? By any chance, are these HEVC files?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez 

I've just checked the codec information and they are: "Timecode, AAC, H.264" and the resolution is 1920 × 1080. As far as I can tell all of the video files that are not importing have the same resolution and codec (I did not adjust any settings between filming sessions) as those that have imported correctly...

Any thing else you can suggest?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Please try to browse through the Media Library and see if the videos are just dated incorrectly.

Otherwise, see if the following steps will help: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.  
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez 

Thanks for your help, issue resolved.