Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Quik not compatible with macOS Catalina?!

I repeat clearly what @didipixa wanted to describe:

Go to System preferences >> Security Privacy >> Files and Folder : Go down and find GoPro Quik.app and check "Removable Volumes"

Then it worked for me

Highlighted
Tourist

This happened to me with the lastest update of Catalina  10.15.2 ; with previous version I had no issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik not compatible with macOS Catalina?!

Por el momento no hay solución (y ya hace muchos meses que se reportó este problema).

He hecho todo tipo de procedimientos (los que he visto aquí y en otros post). No funciona.

He abierto un caso y he contactado con soporte técnico de GoPro por vía telefónica un par de veces: su contestación ha sido que "no hay solución hasta que salga una nueva actualización y que utilize Windows (???!!) o que importe manualmente".

GoPro tiene cada vez peor reputación. A nivel técnico sus servicios de soporte no funcionan. Además son poco amables y en algunos casos hasta desagradables. Si alguien ha recibido soporte técnico de Apple alguna vez, podrá comparar lo que es una gran compañía y lo que es una aparente gran compañía con serios problemas de autismo.

Una lástima, pero también una vergüenza. 

Saludos,

Josep

Hero 7 Black

Mac OS 10.15.2

Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate the feedback, @josepb. Our team is aware of the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. There is a user-shared solution here that you might want to try.  Let us know how it goes on your end. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@mariustanya  ha escrito:

We appreciate the feedback, @josepb. Our team is aware of the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. There is a user-shared solution here that you might want to try.  Let us know how it goes on your end. 

Yes, I had already tried what you suggest. But as I said nothing has been the solution.
I hope that the GoPro update arrives before the computers disappear from the world (or at least before GoPro disappears).
Thank you anyway

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro dude wasn't very clear

You need to go to: Security & Privacy, then make sure that under Photos the GoPro Quik App is checked, but ALSO under Files and Folders, there is also a GoPro Quik app and make sure that Removable Volumes is checked. That's the main reason why you get this screen

Screenshot 2020-02-12 14.27.41.png
Highlighted
Hiker

Same problem. I cannot get Quick to access my Hero 8. I am using i Mac with Catalina. Have tried all the security and privacy suggestions.

Seems like a lot of people are having this problem.

Cant get a straight answer from Go Pro what is going on, Very frustrating

Highlighted
Hiker

This actually worked, Thanks very much.

But unfortunately I already returned my camera to Go Pro as requested,