Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik not compatible with macOS Catalina?!

Hello aragon1006,

I've used a different cable (Belking USB-C to USB) to my MacBook Pro/macOS 10.15.2 and Quik does not recognize my Hero5. I also setup the Photo Privacy setting for Quik in System Preferences and still the Hereo5 does not get recognize with the Quik app. I really want to buy the Hero8, but I cannot do it until this issue works out for me. Do you have an update for the Quik app or an update on the Hero5 firmware to fix this issue? This is getting very frustrating.

Thanks,

Pisco

Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Quik not compatible with macOS Catalina?!

Vai su PREFERENZE DI SITEMA scegli SICUREZZA E PRIVACY poi ACCESSO COMPLETO AL DISCO e aggiungi tra le applicazioni consentite GoPro Quik

Ti chiederà di riavviare GoPro Quik se hai l'applicazione aperta.

Poi funziona tutto!

Ciao

:)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem here, Macbook pro with macOS Catalina doesn't recognize GoPro Hero+. I cheched the privacy settings and Quick has access to all my files... any solution??

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik not compatible with macOS Catalina?!

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for any trouble caused.
We are aware of this issue. We'll post back once we have an update.
In the meantime, you can manually copy the files to your computer via Finder/Image Capture.

Then add it as a media folder. For reference, see How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

Thank You @didipixa your solution WORKS... Now I can see my Camera on QUIK awesome. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 3.46.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 3.46.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 3.46.12 PM.png
Highlighted
Nomad

I considered this as a TEMPORARY FIX provide by @didipixa
Highlighted
Nomad

Hi @aragon1006 I just found a solution in HERE can you direct other users from the HERO 8 group to read this article provide by @didipixa is work, well at least the QUIK can see and detect the Camera and the MicroSD Card.