Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik no longer saves file after adding gages? (only shares to FB or YT)

WIthin the last 2 months, has the functionality been reduced for Quik desktop (Mac)?

I used to be able to add gages to my videos and save the files locally.  Now, if you add gages, you only have the option to export to Facebook or Youtube directly.  What kind of BS is this?

When you click on share, if you try to choose the file itself (instead of choosing the FB or YT option), Quik only brings up the current file's storage location in Finder.  Thanks GoPro, I know where I store my files - now let me actually save them.

Just downloaded most recent Quik version 2.7.0.874 ... i think I had 2.7.0 before.  Same issue persists.

If the functionality has straight-up been removed, that's very dissapointing GoPro ...... especially after I bought a 2nd Hero7 Black specifically to use with the guages functionality.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 12.11.37 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik no longer saves file after adding gages? (only shares to FB or YT)

Hello @andylowe04. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Try this. After adding the gauges, click on the Trim icon (but do not do any trimming if not necessary) then click on Save. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @andylowe04. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Try this. After adding the gauges, click on the Trim icon (but do not do any trimming if not necessary) then click on Save. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Ahhh... awesome, it works.  Is it just me, or has this changed since a few months ago?

Thanks for super quick reply too!

Highlighted
Nomad

I don't think Quik has been updated in months. In fact, it is not compatible with the GPS data in the new cameras.