Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik limited to 60s?

Surely the one and only GoPro app for Hero8 isn't limited to 60 second clips?  The app name would indicate that I'm the idiot here, but I can't be the only one who wants to be able to perform minor edits and enable guages on my videos that exceed 60 seconds.  And I'd rather not buy and learn a several hundred $$$ Adobe program to do so.  And the auto-generated GoPro intro/outro's reek of a little too much self-aggrandizing.  As it stands, it seems like Quik is nothing more than a crowdsourced ad campaign by GoPro, perfectly suited for social media upload.  

Is there a workaround, or [ahem] a real software solution that doesn't have so many limitations?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik limited to 60s?

Hi @nimblestar41380

Quik is made for easy editing. It automatically finds great moments, add transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.

You may explore other editing applications if you're looking to have more freedom when it comes to editing your files.

See Programs to View and Edit Videos for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik limited to 60s?

Hi @nimblestar41380

Quik is made for easy editing. It automatically finds great moments, add transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.

You may explore other editing applications if you're looking to have more freedom when it comes to editing your files.

See Programs to View and Edit Videos for reference.

Thanks!

Ej