Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik for windows not working

Hi Gopro owners,

So I just bought my first ever gopro with gopro hero 8 and I am facing problem with their apps. 

Problem 1) Quik for windows is not working for highlights, splitting etc for 30 seconds.

Problem 2) GoPro app on my Huawei (android) seems to be hanging quite alot , its not workable. 

any ideas how to solve these issues, i believe these 2 are important parts of Gopro. Other than that I am loving my gopro.

--ps. if anyone can help me with editing question will be appreciated,. So I after uploading/importing my 4k videos to my pc, I used VSDC Free editor to test VSDC quality after conversion. Quality seems to be intact but its lagging and freezing in some parts. 

If you are using VSDC please help, is VSDC a good editor for gopro? if so, then how to solve problem of lagging/freezing. If not, can you please introduce some video editors to me mainly for cutting,splitting, transitioning, audio removable/splitting, simple editing of filters etc.  

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for windows not working

Hello, @kzarkzar. You may use other programs to view and edit your GoPro footage on a computer. There is also a user-shared list of programs on this thread that you may refer to. 

Alternatively, you may explore the multi-clip editing function in the GoPro App for quick and easy editing of your GoPro media. These instructions will guide you on how to do it. If you are observing freezing/hanging issues, these troubleshooting steps will help. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik for windows not working

thanks for your reply, with all those hyper links and time needed to go through all that, i would just change my editor and edit on there. .. :(