Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik for mac error message create mode

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I have a problem when using GoPro Quik for mac. I cannot open the create mode!

I click on the media files i want and then press "open in create mode".

It then says "adding media" but after that a box appears that says "PLEASE CHOOSE MEDIA - Please select some media and try again".

I click "got it" then it goes back to the view mode.

What do I do? Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for mac error message create mode

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @shrimpydimpy

You might find this helpful: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Quik-for-desktop-Crashes-while-Opening-Cre...

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the most up to date Mac OS and graphics driver. Still not working.

Thanks Greg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @shrimpydimpy,

If you are still having some issues our Support Team can take a deep dive into your system to see what may be going on. You can get in touch with our Team by Phone or Chat:

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same issue with my Mac running OS version 10.13.4. Trying to open any clip into Create Mode I get the PLEASE CHOOSE MEDIA message.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @d3mac123

You can only enter "Create Mode" once a file has been selected. After clicking/choosing a file, a blue bar should appear and will give you an option: OPEN IN CREATE MODE.

Also, it's best to check Check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Quik for Desktop

Should you continue to get the error, please contact our Support Team to have this checked further. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having this same issue on my Mac. Yes, i meet the minimum system specs. I called support today and opened a case. Did this help you guys? Were you able to get around/solve this issue or did you end up using another software?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jfern098

Thank you for contacting Support! Please continue working with them until a resolution is achieved. Feel free to share any update here. This would help other members who might have the same issue as well. .

Best regards, 
Marius