Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik for desktop on mac crashing in create mode

HI

I am using a Mac and everytime I click on create it crashes the computer and forces a restart without warning. it happens if I've selected a 2 sec clip or 20 clips. From what I can see spec on my Mac is OK for this to run. Any ideas? I have done a complete uninstall/reinstall and hasn't helped.

computer spec below

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B0E

SMC Version (system): 2.2f44

Serial Number (system): C1MKXC8FDTY3

Hardware UUID: CF4AE1AF-BD51-57F0-8740-9D36A846D6A7

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik for desktop on mac crashing in create mode

@davids07 - It may be best to contact our Support team directly on this one so we can work through the settings on your computer specifically. Our contact info is at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

I have the exact same problem on my new MacBook Pro 2016, the Quik app crashes everytime I click on Create (first the entire computor freezes and the the app crash).

Computer spec below

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

Sightseer

Mine crashes too - as soon as i click create mode the entire machine crashes - it even destroyed my Capture One Session folder that was open, I can't reopen it as it is completely corrupted now.  All images will have to be reimported with all adjustments lost - thanks.

Sightseer

I am having the same issue. If i start the create mode everything hangs until the app crashes. 

specs:

• Model Name: MacBook Pro
  • Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,2
  • Processor Name: Intel Core i5
  • Processor Speed: 2,9 GHz
  • Number of Processors: 1
  • Total Number of Cores: 2
  • L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
  • L3 Cache: 4 MB
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • Boot ROM Version: MBP132.0226.B15
  • SMC Version (system): 2.37f20
Tourist

Hi, 

the same happened to me several times now and I have spent hours over hours to restart editing a video from zero after crashing. Now, when I try to open my latest project version it says "invalid project file" and the file itself went from 19 MB down to 7 MB. 

Yesterday, I was on the phone with a guy from gopro support and he suggested to start editing the video from zero and have done everything he told me (mac book requirements are fine, I did not change the file name, I did not move the importing files or files from conversion list, I tried un/reinstalled gopro studio, etc.). 

I would very much appreciate a solution since I've tried to edit ONE video (containing a lot of gopro video files - travel video about 1 month in Argentina) since May 2017 without success and now the unedited gopro files just take space away from my external flash drive. 

Is it a possible reason for crashing because I try to edit too many gopro files in one project and the gopro studio can't handle it?!

I am looking forward to a solution! 

Tourist

I have the same issue as well - on a brans new MacBook bought yesterday. Interestingly, Quick still works on my MacBook Pro Mid-2012, even though all computers are on MacOS Sierra. Not sure what is happening but a solution would be good as I don't want to use Studio for the smaller videos I edit!

M

Tourist

Let me belay that - my other computer also just crashed and not will not restart. There is a serious problem with this app!