Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for desktop on mac crashing in create mode

Hi @paulo562,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

There's an updated version of the app.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay,

Yup, I uninstalled it and got the latest version from the GoPro website to make sure I am running the most up to date software.

I logged off and back on too but no dice!

Thanks,

Paul
Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @paulo562,

Thanks for letting us know.

If that is the case I would suggest to get in touch with our customer support team.

They can check that for you.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay,

No worries!

To clarify, I tried the usual uninstalling, reinstalling, turning it off and on fully prior to posting on here.

When that failed I Googled the issue and found that this seems to be a common occurrence for other users but saw no results hence my addition to the thread.

I'll try the support team.

Cheers,

Paul
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks @paulo562,

I hope that it would be sorted out.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve had this software for well over 6 months and tried every variation of installation etc onto a MacBook Pro. Tried a 3 year old and a 4 month old computer neither works. The fact is that the software is TERRIBLE and should not be released to public without sorting out this fundamental error! I’m a software developer and this kit is seriously not fit for purpose.

For MAC users I suggest iMovie as it works great. Leave this software well alone until they fix it but judging by the reviews across the WWW that’s no time soon!

brilliant camera - second rate, poorly written, badly supported, none functional software... however do they peddle this rubbish?

Highlighted
Sightseer

So sad that I experienced the same issue just now. My macbook pro just got frozen and I couldn’t fix it. I had to force restart my laptop. My app version was the latest. This memory issue looks very vital and should probably be caused by an unhandled case. Please work for a more robust solution and solve this case. If it helps:

- my macbook pro has 30 gb free space, 8 gb ram and my sd card was 64 gb and full completely.
- I just clicked the create tab and my computer got frozen.

Please prioritize this issue.
Highlighted
GoPro

@erenl80673, sorry to hear about the trouble. You may try the following steps to see if it will help resolve the problem:

1. Close Quik for desktop and open a Finder window
  2. Click Go at the top of your desktop menu bar
  3. Hold the alt/option button and select Library
  4. Under Library, select the Application Support folder and delete the following folder:
    • com.GoPro.goproapp.GoProExporterService
  5. Next, under Library, select the Preferences folder and delete the following files:
    • com.gopro.desktop-suite.plist
    • com.gopro.GoPro.plist
    • com.GoPro.goproapp.plist
  6. Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists

If the issue persists, you may reach out to our Support team so they can assist you on the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.