Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Quik for desktop is acting so weird, every clik kicks me out of login

I just brought the new Hero 8 black and downloaded the Quik for Windows. The Quick software is basically useless for me because everything I do after login, the software jumps to the login page. I clicked the setting icon, goes to the login page. Add new files, login page. This is a very horrible experience I had with any software. I have tried to reinstall Quik for three times already, nothing changes.

Also, my GoPro Hero 8 does not connect to Quik automatically at all. I have to take out the micro card and plug it into my computer to read the files. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for desktop is acting so weird, every clik kicks me out of login

Hi @shuihany40

Open Quik for desktop
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it goes.

Please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and MAX cameras.

You may also check Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

ваш совет сбросить настройки программы не работает - безобразие с выкидыванием из аккаунта продолжается по кругу в Windows 10

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @alexein784. While some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to the release of the HERO8 Black and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and MAX cameras. 

For the persistent log in issue, there are user-shared solutions here that you may try.