Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Quik for desktop does not recognize GoPro HERO6 BLACK camera when plugged in with USB

Hello @rockyhero55242

Thank you for sharing what worked for you. This is a big help to other members who might be having the same issue/ Just out of curiosity, does Quik now always recognize your camera when you connect it to your computer? Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

Re: Quik for desktop does not recognize GoPro HERO6 BLACK camera when plugged in with USB

I've tried twice and it was ok.

If something changes I will make a post here :)

Sightseer

I was facing the same issue with Hero 6. So in Settings - Bluetooth & other devices, it would pop up as an unrecognized device if connected to any USB older than 3.0. I had a USB port with a blue connector and it worked there with no more hassle.
Hope it helps everyone

Best Regards,
Anish M
Sightseer

This worked for me, I disable and eneable the MTP device. thanks. 

GoPro

Thank you for sharing, @redstoke25006!

Sightseer

This was very helpful! Thanks a lot for the time you took to share it!

Sightseer

@dgfalcon - cheers mate... That sorted me out as well.

To be explicit for anyone else in the same boat, start Device Manager --> Portable Devices --> HERO5 Black --> Disable Device, HERO5 Black will then show a small disable icon on it. Then while still in Device Manager/Portable Devices/HERO5 Black, select Enable Device.

Quik started instantly, and the Connected Device Window instantly opened ('HERO5 BLACK') and I was able to import as usual.

Thanks dgfalcon...

Dan

Relevant versions:
- GoPro HERO 5 Black - Firmware 2.60 (noted as 'Up to date')
- Windows 10.0.17134 (current Windows update level)
    -- 7th gen i7, 64Gb RAM, lots of Hard Drives, 4x 24" screens, 1x 24" touch screen
- USB3 Connection
- GoPro Quik 2.7.0.945 (noted as up to date)

Sightseer

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread. I followed all of the instructions and everything went as described, except my computer still says "MTP USB Device" and my GoPro is not connecting to Quik :(