Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Quik for desktop cannot see files imported files from gopro hero 6

when i plug my gopro hero 6 to pc and import files whit quik for desktop, the files is in my pc but quick for desktop cannot see it. I have windows 10 on MSI GP62. procesor intel core i7 2,6ghz, graphics nvidia geforce gtx 950m. I really don't know why, but on app version quik, everything works fine.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for desktop cannot see files imported files from gopro hero 6

Hi @loyalhero67672,

Give these steps a try to see if we can get that camera to be recognized and import the media:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, device was recognized, and files were imported to my computer, but only one photo is there, and even this photo can't be opend in quik for desktop. As you can see in the screenshot.Snímka obrazovky (5).pngSnímka obrazovky (4).pngSnímka obrazovky (6).pngSnímka obrazovky (7).png

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @loyalhero67672,

What kind of SD Card are you using? Are you able to view the content in the GoPro App or on the camera itself?

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi ryanv12566 ,

There are my SD cards in the photo. As you can see in the pictures, everything works fine in my phone and in gopro too. There is problem with Quik for desktop only.  20171212_192923.jpg

SD cards

20171212_193230.jpg

GoPro recording

20171212_193310.jpg

GoPro files

Screenshot_20171212-193407.png

app stream

Screenshot_20171212-193440.png

app stream files

Screenshot_20171212-193853.png

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @loyalhero67672,

Looks like the files are HEVC. Give this a try to see if we can get those to play on your computer: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-convert-gopro-hevc-videos-to-h-264-using-handbrake

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Actually I have same problem but with a Mac.

My video format is not HEVC but H264.

I am Unable to play the video despite having updated everything on the Mac or the Gopro deistalling and reinstalling the Quik app. The video icons display but once I press to play the screen is black and I only hear the sound.

Help please ...Thx in advance

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi ryanv12566,

converting videos to H.256 didn't help, and convert 9 sec. video takes 6 minutes. And also Windows 10 support HEVC codec so I don't think there is a problem with codec. When I download the videos to my pc or phone, I can play it, but in mediaplayer, not in quick for desktop.